Facing Budget Shortfalls, Arkansas and Utah Take Hard Look at Numbers
- Mike Leavitt's fight for the budget. Wilson, Ted // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/19/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p18
Focuses on the fight of governor Mike Leavitt for the budget in Utah. Demands of a declining economy and failing revenues faced by Leavitt and the legislature; Cuts made in other government services except education; Prerogative of the governor under separation of powers to run state budgeting...
- Utah Governor Vetoes Damages Bill, Plans Special Session. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31354, p5
Reports on the decision of Utah governor Mike Leavitt to veto legislation allowing the state to sue people stalling state projects. Usage of the state rainy-day funds; Law suit filed against agencies working in state projects.
- Florida Gets Federal Go-Ahead to Try Medicaid Pilot Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32243, p31
Reports on the approval of a Medicaid Reform plan by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt that allow Florida's 2.2. million beneficiaries to select health care plans. Stimulation of competition to the federal-state funded health care program; Reduction of the...
- FDA to get $275M bonus from FY09 budget amendment. // Medical Device Daily;6/11/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 112, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is poised to get a budget increase in fiscal year 2009. Proposed fund increase is $404.7 million. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt says that his office is amending its budget request to include an...
- Gov. Vetoes (Sneaky) Bill In Utah. // Credit Union Journal;04/02/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Utah Governor Michael Leavitt has vetoed a tax exemption bill for municipal bonds in the state.
- Western primary advances. // State Government News;Apr99, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
Reports that Utah Governor Mike Leavitt has signed the Western primary bill into law on March 10, 1999. Date set by the bill for Utah's first presidential primary.
- Monopolies, institutional arrogance and our Republican legislators. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p18
Comments on the Utah Republican legislators' attempt to oust Michael Leavitt. Republican Party's practice of monopoly in the state Legislature; Benefits obtained by the Democratic Party from the issue.
- Campaign for coverage. // AHA News;04/06/98, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p2
Reports on Utah Governor Michael Leavitt's signing of the Children's Health Insurance Program into law on March 23, 1998. Information on the program; How the Utah Association of Healthcare Providers supported the program.
- Bird-flu vaccine. Leavy, Olive // Nature Reviews Immunology;Mar2006, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p168
Offers news briefs on bird flu vaccines as of March 1, 2006. Publication of a study which indicates that a generic avian influenza vaccine, which has been ordered by the British Government, might not be effective; Announcement by U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt that he...