Municipal Bonds Finish Little Changed As Treasuries Gain, Muni Futures Rise
- Munis, treasuries keep upbeat pace ahead of reports, Greenspan speech. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p1
Reports on the boom in the municipal bonds market in the United States. Host of economic testimony and data by US Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan; Volume of tax-exempt bonds and notes slated to hit the market; List of tax-exempt issues launched by companies.
- Munis close up 1/8 point overall. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p1
Reports on the response of the municipal bond market to US Federal Reserve Board's chairman Alan Greenspan's statements before the Senate Banking Committee. Direction of the yield curve; Pricing of the New York State Thruway Authority highway and bridge trust fund bonds and the Triborough...
- Greenspan Talk Warms Markets. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p1
Reports on the market for municipal bonds in the United States on September 16, 1998. Includes highlights of remarks by Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan before the House Banking Committee; Najor deals in primary and secondary markets.
- Municipals slip, treasuries dip, as market awaits Fed testimony. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;07/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30192, p1
Reports on the results of the trading of municipal bonds in the United States, prior to Federal Reserve System Chairman Alan Greenspan's scheduled testimony before the House Banking Committee on July 22, 1997. Total orders for the refunding bonds of New York City; Top yields for retail; Results...
- Greenspan leaves short end waiting for a reason to move. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30195, p6
Reports on the effects of US Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan's Congressional testimony on short-term municipal rates. Possibility of a financial crisis overseas; Demand for variable-rate demand note offerings; Tendency of the stock market to suck up all available cash.
- Munis, treasuries get a leg up as Greenspan talk calms market. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;10/30/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30263, p1
Reports on the municipal funds' reaction to soothing comments from US Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. Higher tax-exempts quoted by some shops in sympathy with Treasuries; Gains posted by municipals, secondaries and the 30-year Treasury bond.
- Munis flat after greenspan talk; Indianapolis issue closes out. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;07/29/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30693, p2
Reports on the effect of United States Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan's statements on price increase on the municipal bond prices and the repricing and restructuring of Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Board issue. Forecast of higher rates; Dow Jones industrial average;...
- Municipal Bond Prices End Lower; Results Mixed for $2B of New Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p2
Reports the decline of municipal bonds in California. Predictions of Federal Reserve Board chairman, Alan Greenspan for the economy; Price range of serial bonds; Adjustments in the monetary policy.
- Munis Finish Lower With Treasuries on Retail Sales, Greenspan Remarks. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States as of October 18, 2004. Strong retail sales; Impact on the bond market of Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan's remarks on petroleum prices; Employment numbers.