Connecticut's 1st GO Sale of Year Hits Market; Officials Optimistic
- Error by UBS Delays Completion of $800M N.Y.C. GO Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p36
Reports that the completion of a purchase agreement on 800 million dollars in New York City tax-exempt general obligation bonds was delayed as of January 2003 because of problems with the work done by lead manager of the deal, UBS Paine Webber Inc. Details of the error committed by UBS in the...
- Colorado's St. Vrain School District Looks to Future With $96M GO Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31610, p6
Saint Vrain Valley School District in Denver, Colorado will sell on April 8, 2003, 96.2 million dollars of general obligation bonds, the first installment of debt to be sold from a 212 million dollar bond authorization approved by voters in November 2002. UBS PaineWebber Inc. and George K. Baum...
- Smith Barney, UBS Paine Webber Likely to Handle W.Va. $4B Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31169, p40
Reports on West Virginia's expected confirmation of Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. as managing underwriters for its proposed $4 billion pension bond deal. Pension funds which will be financed by the deal; Legal hurdles to the bond issue.
- Corbin hosts MWRA GIC auction on web. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30848, p6
Reports that financial adviser P.G. Corbin & Co. has established a private-label Web site for bond sales using MuniAuction Inc.'s software.
- Connecticut to Sell $300 Million of GOs Next Week. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32609, p7
The article announces the sale of $300 million new and refunding, fixed rate general obligation bonds of Connecticut in April 2007. The lead writer of the transaction is Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. while P.G. Corbin & Co. and Acacia Financial Group company are the co-financial advisers. Proceeds of...
- Oklahoma Puts June Date on $400 Million Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p4
Oklahoma officials expect to go to market in June 2003 with 400 million dollars of refunding bonds, after winning legislative approval for deals that could save the state 92 million dollars in the fiscal 2004. The two issuers selling the refunding bonds, the Oklahoma Capital Improvements...
- Ex-Merrill Bankers Find Home at UBS. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p37
Presents information regarding recruitment of three ex-infrastructure specialists from Merrill Lynch & Co. at UBS PaineWebber Inc. Appointment of Christopher Melvin to the post of managing director at the New York office of UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Recruitment of Tim Williams to take charge as...
- UBS PaineWebber agrees to settlement with fund. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the settlement on the alleged brokerage payments by UBS PaineWebber in Nashville, Tennessee. Amount involved in the agreement; Evidence of conflicts of interests in soft dollars; Impact of the case on pension fund dealings.
- Thank You, USB PaineWebber. // On Wall Street;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the decision of UBS PaineWebber to provide free meals to clients of its top brokers. Reason behind the free lunch offering; Maximum spending per client.