Report: Alaska's Budget Reserve Fund Could End Up Tapped by 2004
- Alaska lawmakers head into overtime to tackle finances. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30646, p4
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles has ordered lawmakers into special session after the Legislature failed to agree on certain measures concerning the state's finances. Capital budget; General fund budget; Stability of the state's erratic revenues; Estimated budget shortfall in 2000.
- Legislature 2001: New Opportunities for a New Session. Kelsey, Mark // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on issues faced by the legislature in Alaska. Fiscal plans and subsistence solution as identified by voters and lawmakers; Budget appraisal; Organization of committees on the legislative session.
- Legislature Approves $105.1 Million for School Construction and Renovations. Kane, Roger // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2001, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p76
Reports on the Alaska Legislature's approval of appropriations for school construction and maintenance. Federal Government Accounting Office's reports regarding the conditions of the schools in the state; Estimates of the cost of modernizing the schools; Details of school construction and...
- A Sign of the Times: Turning to First GO Sale in 20 Years. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, FAR WEST p72
Reports on public finance conditions of Alaska as of March 3, 2003. Amount of general obligations and revenue bonds approved by voters for transportation; Ratings of the state; Amount of bonds issued by the state and state-level issuers in various sectors during 1998-2002.
- Alaska Needs $28.5 Million to Cover Debt Service. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p4
No abstract available.
- stateline. // Access;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p44
Features the states with a legislation on tobacco use in the United States. Budget provided by the government for the tobacco prevention programs in Alaska; Move of the legislators on the issue of smoking prevention in California; Use of the tobacco settlement funds for the higher education...
- A New Day for NPR-A. Prevost, Jim // Alaska Business Monthly;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p74
Reports on proceeds received by the state of Alaska from the United States Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) May 2000 federal oil and gas lease sale in National Petroleum Reserve Alaska (NPR-A). Oil-related activity on North Slope federal land; First BLM offering in 1982; Drilling of Arco...
- A BRIDGE TO NOWHERE II. // New Republic;11/7/2005, Vol. 233 Issue 19, p8
The article comments on funds allocated to two massive Alaska bridge projects. These bridges have been criticized as examples of pork-barrel spending and are considered by many to be a low priority on the list of the nation's needs. Republican Senator Tom Colburn tried to redirect the funds to...
- State Finances in 1995 and the Draft Budget for 1996. Sinelnikov-Murylev, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the finances of the Duma state in 1995 and budget for 1996. Law on the budget passed on June 24, 1994; Modification in the concept of macroeconomic policy in autumn 1994 by the government; Draft budget for the year 1996.