- From Our Chatroom -- A Tax Question as April 15 Looms. // National Mortgage News;4/8/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p27
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on taxation of net branching in the U.S. Status of net branch companies for taxation; Prohibition on payment of taxes of netbranches based on the rules of the U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD); Authority of HUD over net branching.
- Don't Send Tenants To SSA Office. // Assisted Housing Alert;Oct2010, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p74
The article offers information on ways to obtain proof of tenants' Social Security income as noted by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Exit Fee. Berry, Kate; Lepro, Sara // American Banker;7/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p7
This article reports that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has discovered that some second-mortgage holders are demanding that distressed borrowers who are selling their homes through short sales pay off junior liens outside of the closing without advising the first lien holder.
- Securitization seen tapering off now. Talley, Karen // American Banker;10/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 188, p10
Focuses on the US Department of Housing and Urban Development's first-quarter issuance of mortgage-backed securitization in the United States. Statistics repository; Expectation of fixed rate issuance; Representation of third-biggest pool of mortgage securities.
- HUD Clarifies Requirement for Disclosure of SSNs. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
The article provides information on the clarification made by the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) on the verification of social security numbers (SSNs) for all prospective or current household members in the U.S.
- HUD has second thoughts on loan adviser. Ito, Timothy M. // U.S. News & World Report;11/03/97, Vol. 123 Issue 17, p10
Reports that United States Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Andrew Cuomo has terminated the department's contract with C. Austin Fitts and her firm, the Hamilton Securities Group. Allegations that Hamilton rigged the auctions of mortgage sales; The firm's defense of its actions;...
- PHAs: You Can Fight HUD Over Disposition Denials. // Assisted Housing Alert;Nov2014, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p84
The article offers information on several ways for public housing authorities (PHAs) to fight against the disposition denials of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Topics include application filed by Housing Authority of Snohomish County (HASCO), maintenance and capital...
- Ginnie Mae issues close to $45 billion in MBS in August. // Mortgage Banking;Oct2009, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p17
The article discusses the announcement by Ginnie Mae that it issues more than 44.73 billion dollars in mortgage-backed securities (MBS) in the U.S. in August 2009. Ginnie Mae is a wholly owned government corporation under the Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). The corporation...
- Gain Entry To HUD's Secure Systems With This Guide. // Assisted Housing Alert;Mar2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p20
The article offers information for individuals who want to gain access to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Secure Systems. It says that problems encountered by users are mostly related to their failure to reactivate their accounts. It relates that HUD requires its...