A new face in the Northeast Corridor
- Vectron on test. // Railway Gazette International;Aug2010, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on Siemens Mobility's testing of the first of four Vector multi-system locomotives through its paces at the Wegberg-Wildenrath test track in Germany.
- Versatile Vectron enters the market. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2010, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p37
The article reports on the Vectron locomotive platform developed by Siemens Mobility, which is targeted at railway operators in Europe. It says that Vectron is expected to be a star exhibit of Siemens at the InnoTrans event in September 2010. According to the author, Siemens developed the...
- Amtrak tests new Siemens gear. // Railway Age;Oct2013, Vol. 214 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that in September 2013, the Amtrak railroad passenger service has begun testing its new ACS-64 locomotives, ordered from Siemens Mobility, on its Boston-New York-Washington Northeast Corridor and the Philadelphia-Harrisburg Keystone Corridor in preparation for full service...
- Siemens unveils diesel surprise. // Railway Gazette International;Nov2010, Vol. 166 Issue 11, p68
This article reports on the launch of the Vectron interoperable locomotive family by Siemens Mobility in 2010.
- Amtrak locomotive order. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2010, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on the first locomotive order secured by Siemens Mobility in the U.S. market, which involved the supply of 70 ACS64 Amtrak Cities Sprinter electric locomotives with a top speed of 200 kilometers per hour (km/h).
- Vectron visits Bulgaria for authorisation tests. Bonnier, Maxime // Railways Illustrated;Jul2015, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p21
The article reports that transportation solutions provider Siemens has performed an approval tests of its Vectron multi-system locomotives 193.822 in Bulgaria.
- Ã–BB signs EMU framework. // Railway Gazette International;May2010, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p7
The article reports a framework won by Siemens Mobility to provide up to 200 Desiro ML regional electric multiple-unit trains to Austria Federal Railways for five years.
- Amtrak buys 70 "Cities Sprinter" locomotives from Siemens. // Railway Age;Nov2010, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Siemens Mobility won a six-year contract worth 466 million U.S. dollars for the supply of 70 "Cities Sprinter" ACS-64 electric locomotives for Northeast Corridor service to Amtrak.
- Desiro is going global. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2010, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p9
This article reports on the orders received by Siemens Mobility to supply its Desiro family of regional multiple-units to Russia and China.