Rothschild Takes Over Elgin CLOs
- U.K. Manager Eyes U.S. DIP Loans for CLOs. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p11
The article reports on the plan of Elgin Capital, an asset manager based in London, England, to start buying debtor-in-possession loans backing U.S.-based companies for its collateralized loan obligations (CLOs).
- Moody's: No Rating Impact on Cairn CLO's Amendment. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;9/9/2013, p5
The article reports that issuer Cairn CLO III B.V.'s intention to amend the portfolio profile tests of its portfolio management agreement in February 2013 will not result in a rating downgrade or withdrawal on the collateralized loan obligation (CLO) notes, according to Moody's Investor Service.
- Slow start for February new deal line-up. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the expected asset-backed financing issuance by securities dealers in Europe for the month of February 2007. European collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) received two new deals raising the volume of new issues marketing to â‚¬19 billion. Elgin Capital started...
- Charter Faces CLO Exposure Restrictions On New Refi Deal. J.M. // Bank Loan Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p1
Reports that some portfolio managers have indicated that they may need to reduce their exposure to cable company Charter Communications Inc., which entered into a 6.5-billion-dollar refinancing deal in April 2004, because of restrictions in their collateralized loan obligations.
- The CLO Deep Discount Dilemma. Cioffi, Greg B.; Sagalyn, David H. // Asset Securitization Report;May2009, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p8
The article discusses the dilemma of Collaterized Loan Obligation (CLO) managers in trading for deep discount loans to manage portfolios in the U.S. It notes that overcollateralization (OC) tests are the protection enclosed to the cash flow CLO investors. Moreover, high OC test ratio means...
- CIFC Asset Mgmt Returns with 4th U.S. CLO of 2014. Parise, Alexandra // High Yield Report;8/11/2014, p4
The article highlights the CIFC Funding 2014-IV, the 600 million U.S. dollars collateralized loan obligation (CLO) offered by the CIFC Asset Management which will be backed by a portfolio consisting of 97.6% first lien senior secured loans and have a four-year reinvestment period.
- CLO Managers Get Creative. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the efforts of the collateralized loan obligation (CLO) managers to find ways to restructure their portfolios in London, England. It cites that CLO manager and unit of Sociï¿½tï¿½ Gï¿½nï¿½rale SA is using the interest proceeds from its Egret Funding CLO I PLC...
- CLO Managers Get Creative. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p15
The article reports on the efforts of collateralized-loan obligation (CLO) manager Egret Capital to find creative ways to restructure its portfolio in 2009. Egret Capital has come up with a new restructuring tactic following Morgan Stanley's announcement that it would repackage downgraded...
- Delphi loan helps keep spread tests above water for CLO managers. Kantin, Kerry // Asset Securitization Report;11/7/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p11
The article discusses how Delphi Corp.'s loan is maintaining the weighted average spread test for some collateralized loan obligations (CLO) managers. The spread test has been a challenge for several fund managers. According to Standard & Poor's Corp., 45 percent of 2001 vintage CLO and 40...