Chiquita Seeking $400M Credit Facility
- HIGH YIELD ISSUES IN REGISTRATION. // High Yield Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Presents a chart showing high yield issues in registration as of September 15, 2004. Issuance from Chiquita Brands International Inc.; Encore Medical Corp.; Michael Foods Inc.
- Chiquita Tries to Lighten Debt Load. Weber, Lauren // Treasury & Risk Management;May2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on Cincinnati, Ohio-based banana firm Chiquita Brands International Inc.'s receipt of a credit facility from Wells Fargo's Foothill Capital. Plans for the credit line; Consequences of borrowing from a finance company; Impact of banana import quotas imposed by the European Union.
- Smaller banana has a-peel. // Environmental Nutrition;Jun92, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Introduces the new, smaller banana made by Chiquita, dubbed `Chiquita Junior.' Seven inches long; 90 calories instead of 120; Perfect for banana splits and topping cereal; Prevents waste.
- Chiquita's decision to centralize imports, shift bananas to rail has ports scrambling. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;1/9/95, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p19
Reports that East Coast and Gulf ports in the United States have made finishing touches on bids to attract the entire North American operation of Chiquita Brands International Inc. and its containerized banana imports. Plans to shift large volumes of the imports from truck to intermodal rail...
- Chiquita Brands exits chilled juices, leaves Tropicana as blend-meister. Khermouch, Gerry // Brandweek;12/11/95, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p36
Reports on Cincinnati, Ohio-based Chiquita Brands' decision to cease the production of its chilled and frozen juices. Benefit of the company's acquisition of Dole; Failure of the company to establish a foothold with diversification bids.
- Chiquita's profits are fruitful and come in bunches. Goodman, J.E. // Money;Oct90, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p67
Reports on the positive sales outlook for Chiquita Brands, the leading American banana firm, in Western and Eastern Europe.
- Supplier profiles. // Prepared Foods;Dec93, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p291
Presents a corporate profile on Chiquita Brands. Products offered; Marketplace strengths; Contact information.
- Chiquita brands ice cream, bread. Spethmann, Betsy // Brandweek;5/22/95, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the increasing product line from Chiquita Brands International Inc. Introduction of bakery products; Licensee agreements; Product testing results.
- Alleged wrongdoing? Rigual, Luis R .; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Jul98, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p19
Reports on allegations that United States-based Chiquita Brands International Inc. has created secretly controlled companies in Honduras to undermine union membership and pay lower wages. Denial of the accusations by Chiquita officials.