High Yield Funds See Fewer Withdrawals
- Fitch: Eurozone Sees Risk in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/19/2012, p27
The article discusses the results of a survey by Fitch Ratings which found that majority of investors in Europe consider European volatility as the biggest threat to European junk bond issuance.
- Fitch: Refi Drives Lev Finance in Q2. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/29/2013, p7
The article reports on the volatility in the high yield bond market in the U.S. due to the refinancing efforts of business enterprises in the second quarter of 2013.
- Junk Bond Returns Below I-Grade. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p14
The article reports that junk bonds returns for 2011 averaged 2.9%, down from 15.2% in 2010 while investment-grade returns for the year was at 4.9% down from 7.4% for 2010, reportedly reflecting global volatility and economic jitters going into 2012.
- Global Volatility Hurts HY Returns, Ups Yields. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/28/2014, p10
The article reports that the volatility in the global asset and bond market has weakened the performance of high yield bonds in the international market in July 2014.
- No Rest for High Yield in Q3, Busy Q4 Likely. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;10/4/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article presents an overview on the status of junk bonds in the U.S. It notes that the bonds will likely to continue soar in the fourth quarter of 2010 due to the continued demand of high yield issuers. It also mentions the contribution of continued volatility to the high yield market....
- Wilmont switch to Europe. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing;11/24/2011, p57
The article reports that the global high-income manager at Axa Wealth Ltd., Andrew Wilmont, is adding to European high yield and reducing U.S. high yield in 59.7 million pound high-income fund. It states that the premium, the difference between European and U.S. high-yield bonds should be 1...
- Leveraged Finance Markets a 'Macro Game'. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/7/2014, p18
The article focuses on the state of corporate borrowing in the first half of 2014, which shows that borrowers did not raise as much money in the high yield bond and leveraged loan markets compared in the same period last year. Topics covered include the vulnerability of the market to macro...
- Credit Markets See More Volatility. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/17/2013, p51
The article reports that credit market fundamentals are still good for investments despite the increased volatility of credit markets in the U.S. It states that bond investors have withdrawn money out of high yield bond funds. Barclays analysts say another week of volatility has not changed...
- Record-Breaking HY Market Enters Uncertain 2011. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p40
The article focuses on uncertainty for the high yield (HY) bond market in 2011. While bankers and investors expect the market to remain strong at least in the first quarter of 2011, they are threatened by global macroeconomic forces that have hindered the credit markets in 2010. According to...