Evergreen Solar Prepares for 363 Sale
- Evergreen Solar Bankruptcy. Shaver, Joe // Human Events;8/22/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 29, p6
The article reports that solar panel manufacturer Evergreen Solar Inc. which received 58 million U.S. dollars in subsidies from the state of Massachusetts has filed for bankruptcy in August 2011 with 485.6 million U.S. dollars in debt.
- Bankruptcy Report. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p19
This section offers news briefs on bankruptcies in the U.S. as of August 2011, including the filing for Chapter bankruptcy protection by Evergreen Solar Inc., the emergence of Local Insight Media Holdings Inc. from bankruptcy and the opening of an office by Thorp Reed & Armstrong LLP in...
- Evergreen Solar Files For Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. // Energy Daily;8/16/2011, Issue 156, p5
The article cites the drop in silicon prices and overseas competition as the reasons why Massachusetts-based photovoltaic module manufacturer Evergreen Solar filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last August 15, 2011. It says that the trading price of Evergreen which was 100 U.S. dollars...
- Growing solar industry sees global shakeout. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;11/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p0037
The article presents information on the Energy Conversion Device Inc.'s (ECD) thin-film amorphous materials that are made through a process that applies thin sheets of gasses onto a flexible substrate to form layers that trap photons of light and convert them to electricity. As reported, due to...
- Chinese Solar Panel Maker Enters Administration. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/25/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p30
The article reports that Wuxi Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd., the China-based subsidiary of solar panel manufacturer Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd., was placed into administration by the Wuxi Municipal Intermediate People's Court on March 21, 2013. The court reportedly appointed restructuring...
- Evergreen Solar Prepares for 363 Sale. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/22/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the sale process launched by Marlboro, Massachusetts-based Evergreen Solar Inc. after filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. According to spokesman Michael McCarthy, Evergreen faces heavy debts. The total assets of Evergreen is 424.5 million U.S. dollars, while its...
- Evergreen Introduces 120-Watt Solar Panel. // Solar Today;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p47
The article evaluates the 120-watt solar panel named EC-120 from Evergreen Solar Inc. The product features a proprietary, low-cost String Ribbon wafer technology.
- Taking Away Lessons from Evergreen Solar. // BusinessWest;1/31/2011, p12
The author reflects on the decision of Evergreen Solar Inc., the solar-panel maker that unveiled a plant at the former military base in Devens, Massachusetts, to close the facility and eliminate approximately 800 jobs in January 2011.
- String Ribbon Technology. // Solar Today;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p54
Reports on the development of String Ribbon technology for manufacturing solar cells by Evergreen Solar Inc. Combination of the attractive attributes of conventional crystalline silicon and emerging thin films; Market acceptance of crystalline silicon; Usability of the technology.