Time Warner to Acquire Insight Communications
- Time Warner Cable to Acquire Midwest Cable Operator. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the merger agreement between Time Warner Cable Inc. and Insight Communications Co. in the U.S. in August 2011, which is valued at 3 billion U.S. dollars.
- Pretty Price: Insight Sells for $3B in Cash. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
The article focuses on the three billion dollars all-cash agreement between Insight Communications Co. Inc. and Time Warner Cable (TWC). It states that a five-month odyssey for Insight is being ended by the deal, which was blocked in March 2011. It says that the agreement signifies also the end...
- 1H Global M&A Value: $1.57T. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/ 3/2014, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p7
The article discusses the global deal value in mergers and acquisition totaling 1.57 trillion U.S. dollars for the first part of 2014 with U.S. leading the way at 694.6 billion U.S. dollars followed by Europe at 453.6 billion U.S. dollars and Asia at 286.7 million U.S. dollars. Topics discussed...
- Time Warner to Acquire PE-backed Insight. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p14
This article reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. to acquire Insight Communications Co. Inc. in 2011. Time Warner will buy the business for three billion U.S. dollars from Carlyle Group, Crestview Partners and MidOcean Partners. Bank of America Merrill Lynch and UBS Investment Bank...
- TWC Eyes 2 Divisions: Sources. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p28
The article reports on the move of Time Warner Cable Inc. to consolidate into two divisions from five region, aiming to increase efficiencies that could also result in some operational executive vice president leaving the company voluntarily.
- Willner Exhorts Execs to Keep Moving. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p20
Focuses on the plan of Insight Communications Company Chief Executive Officer Michael Willner to merge the company with larger MSO in order to keep the business. Cancellation of the East Coast Cable Convention; Amount raised by Insight Disaster Relief Fund.
- TW Cable gets Midwest grip. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Daily Variety;8/16/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the 3 billion-dollar merger deal between Time Warner (TW) Cable Inc. and Insight Communications Co. Inc., a cable operator Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky, which illustrates that TW Cable is tightening its grip on the Midwestern market in 2011 .
- Using Partnerships To Build a Presence. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the partnership between Insight Communication and Time Warner Cable to boost cable television presence in Columbus, Ohio. Information on Insight's digital phone service; Digital penetration of Insight in 2002; Increase in advertising sales for Interconnect services.
- Insight Provides Insight on Its Need for Waiver. // Multichannel News;2/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on the move of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to approve the acquisition of Insight Communications Co. Inc. by Time Warner Cable Inc. and impose a requisite waiver on its ban on cable operators that buy local phone companies.