Investors Yank $3.4B from HY Bond Funds
- Vanguard Closes $17B Bond Fund. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/28/2012, p20
The article reports on the decision of the 16.9 billion U.S. dollar Vanguard High Yield Corporate Fund not to accept money from new investors. It is noted that existing investors can still purchase additional shares. The fund will be monitored by the board of trustees of the firm to limit its...
- A Return To Junk. Freedman, Jonah // Money;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p45
It's the resurgence of junk bonds. In the first quarter of 2003 alone, a record $10.5 billion flowed into junk bond funds, according to AMG Data Services. In January 2003, Pimco's Bill Gross, who last October told 'MONEY' he was" so afraid" of junk bonds that he shifted 5% of his own 401 (k)...
- Investors Still Take from Loan Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/7/2014, p21
The article reports on data from mutual fund market analysis and research company Lipper FMI which show that investors took more money out of leveraged loan funds for the week ended June 25, 2014, moving the asset class closer to being negative for the year in fund flows. Information is also...
- Six Top-Rated Bond Funds. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on bond funds which have been rated Gold by Morningstar. Dodge & Cox Income is viewed as having strong long-term returns. Fidelity High Income's manager Fred Hoff is credited for being a skilled investor in junk bonds. Metropolitan West Total Return Bond's strategy of...
- HY Bonds Funds Take in $1.9B In Wk. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/7/2011, p4
The article reports on the 1.9 billion U.S. dollars added by investors into high yield funds for the week ended November 2, 2011.
- Invesco looks for meat and potatoes. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;10/11/99, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the investment strategy of Invesco High Yield Fund concerning high yield bonds, with about 45-50% of the company's holdings are in telecommunications.
- Brown Brothers Invests in HY. Fanelli, Christa // High Yield Report;06/12/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p2
Reports on Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.'s launch of a mezzanine fund to invest in high yield securities.
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p6
Presents a chart showing the performance of high-yield bond funds between December 31, 2002, and March 26, 2003.
- HIGH YIELD FUND PERFORMANCE. // High Yield Report;12/3/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p6
Presents a chart tracking the performance of funds specializing in junk bonds.