Europe: Primaries Shut, Secondary Deals
- Europe: Primaries Shut, Secondary Deals. // Leveraged Finance News;8/15/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p1
The article focuses on the development of the buying opportunities on the secondary markets, while closing on the leveraged loan and high yield bond primary markets in Europe. Chris Brils of F&C Investment Management says that he will be going on the case scenario without recession but with low...
- Secondary flat, but a few big price moves. // High Yield Report;02/01/99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Reports on developments in the secondary high yield bond market in the United States for the week ended January 28, 1999. Wild swings seen in specific names; Indexes; Companies posting gains; Companies posting declines.
- European Junk Is Down, Not Out. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/9/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p12
The article presents information on the prospects for the U.S. bond market for the year 2006. While the European high-yield bond market performed under many analysts' expectations in 2005, market players hope that the sector can revive in 2006 despite some warning signs in its sister market...
- HY Funds Struggle to Put New Money to Work. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/7/2011, p3
The article reports on the struggle of traders to buy high yield bond in size. It attributes the situation to lack of inventory and reluctance of dealers to show a short offering. It characterizes the market as slow to restart after shutting down amid market turmoil over the 2011 summer. It...
- Asia High Yield Bond Volumes Spike. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;9/23/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the rise in the high yield bond volumes in Asia. It notes that the issuance for2013 has surpassed full-year volumes for years past, thus preparing a more established and mature market for speculative-grade debt in the years to come. According to Dealogic, the junk bond...
- High Yield Bonds Adjust to a Volatile Q2. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/5/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p16
The article reports that high yield bonds in the U.S. adjust to a volatile second quarter of 2010. Despite optimism shown by bond investors for the quarter, they remain unsure that the bond market will reach high similar to early 2009. According to Thomson Reuters, U.S. issuers have priced 106.5...
- High Yield Primary Market Roars Back to Life. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/16/2013, p34
The article reports on the revival of the U.S. junk bond market with several upcoming multi-billion dollar deals. Since Labor Day 2013, the primary junk bond market has seen 10.85 billion dollars price. Michael Collins, a portfolio manager and strategist with Prudential Fixed Income, says the...
- It doesn't get much worse than this. // High Yield Report;09/06/99, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the death of trading activities in the secondary market in the United States in the last week of August 1999, including those involving high yields.
- Mixed secondary with some big losers. // High Yield Report;10/25/99, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p4
Reports on developments in the secondary high-yield market for the week ended October 21, 1999.