U.S. Downgrade Rolls Downhill As Investors Reprice Risk
- S&P: Distressed Ratio Nears 15%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/3/2011, p28
This article reports on an increase in the junk bond distressed ratio in September 2011, according to Standard & Poor's.
- S&P Boosts Puerto Rico GOs to BBB. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;3/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33478, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&R) has boosted Puerto Rico 9.2 billion dollars of general obligation debt to BBB from BBB-minus.
- Serbia's rating kept at junk by S&P. // Regional Today;10/28/2013, p2
The article reports that in a statement issued by ratings company Standard & Poor's (S&P) on October 25, 2013, they affirmed the non-investment credit rating of Serbia and kept on negative outlook as they expect Serbia to face potential external financing challenges.
- Can we get some accountability? // Inside Tucson Business;8/12/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p20
The author reflects on the rating service by the U.S. investor raters, such as Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Ltd., on the U.S. government debt and financial crisis, wherein as it downgrade this could lead investor panic and accountability issue.
- Poland's rating affirmed by S&P, outlook kept at stable. // Regional Today;8/11/2014, p1
The article presents the debt-rating outlook of Standard & Poor's Corp. for Poland for 2014.
- TEXAS: Weslaco GO Outlook Dims. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/27/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33589, p9
The article reports on the negative outlook given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the BBB-plus-rated general obligation (GO) debt of Weslaco, Texas.
- Standard & Poor's sets negative outlook for Oman. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/25/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 47, p19
The article reports that long-term local and foreign currency sovereign credit ratings have been lowered by U.S.-based Standard & Poor's (S&P) Corp. on Oman to BBB+ from A-.
- PIK Your Poison. SHEAHAN, MATTHEW // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p20
The article reports that the volume of payment-in-kind (PIK) (PIK) toggle notes issued on the junk bond market in April 2011 in the U.S. surpassed the total of the last two years. According to the Standard & Poor's Corp., issuers have priced a total of 2.4 billion dollars of PIK toggle notes in...
- S&P Assigns Alaska Negative Outlook. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;8/18/2015, p32
The article reports on the negative outlook rating of Alaska by credit ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. in August 2015 and warned that it might no longer warrant the highest rating if state lawmakers fail to fix its structural budget imbalance.