Borders Gets Approval to Auction Brands, Website
- Online on time? // Crain's Detroit Business;04/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p38
States that a `soft launch' of an Internet book selling site is being launched by Borders Group Incorporated, Detroit, Michigan. Schedule date for the launching; Information on the company's Web site border.com; Indepth look at the constant delay of the launch.
- More retailers surfing the Internet with marketplace MCI. // Discount Store News;4/17/95, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p56
Reports that Borders Books & Music will start selling books and assorted products on line via MCI's marketplaceMCI program, a secure electronic shopping environment. Accessibility to Internet users.
- Shelf Help. Quinton, Brian // Direct;Aug2008, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p34
The article reviews the web site Borders.com from Borders.
- BORDERS LOOKS TO SELL NAME. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/8/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p8
The article reports that retailer Borders Group Inc. will be requesting a judge to approve a September 2011 auction that could keep the company's brand alive, at least online.
- B&N's and Borders's New Sites. Andriani, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 41, p12
The article reviews the web sites developed by publishers Barnes&Noble and Borders.
- Borders hopes partnership with Sony will restore profitability. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;12/24/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p4
The article presents information on various activities of Borders Group Inc. Borders has signed an agreement with Sony Corp. to sell Sony's digital book reader in its stores. In a statement, Borders said that it has rolled out the product to about 500 superstores nationwide. Borders and Sony...
- A Match Made in Michigan. Scheraga, Dan // Chain Store Age;May2001, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p254
Discusses the relaunching of Borders.com of Borders Group as a co-branded Web site supported by the Web technology of Amazon.com.com in the United States. Advantage of the technology to the site; Benefit of Amazon.com from supporting the site.
- BORDERS.COM OFFERS SWEEPSTAKES. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;7/27/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p12
The article reports on the sweepstakes offered by Borders.com, which commemorate the relaunch of the web site of the Border's Group. The winner can win a $1,000 Borders gift card which can build a dream library of books, movies and music titles. Consumers can enter at...
- Making Book on Borders. Quinton, Brian // Direct;5/1/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p56
The article reports on the plan of Borders Group to launch its new web site. The company also plans to end its partnership with Amazon.com because of its reported $73 million loss in the fourth quarter of 2006. With this, the company intends to debut a revamped site in 2008. The new site will...