Leveraged Loans Retreat Further
- Financial covenants and related contracting processes in the Australian private debt market: an experimental study. Mather, Paul // Accounting & Business Research (Wolters Kluwer UK);Winter99, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p29
Private debt markets are characterised by covenant-restrictive but renegotiation-flexible debt contracts as financial intermediaries lending in private debt markets have a comparative advantage over investors in public debt markets in offering such contracts. The two research questions...
- The Ticking Clock. Harkness, Peter // Governing;Nov2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the issues regarding the U.S. public borrowing status. It notes that the National Debt Clock, an electronic billboard that displays the country's debt has been added another digit as the debt reaches almost 10 trillion dollars. According to the report of the U.S. Bureau of...
- IMF Warns of Systemic Weaknesses. // American Banker;1/27/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 14, p16
The article reports that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) issued a report that the global financial system remains fragile in 2010, with the possibility of public debt default by several countries and expected losses from commercial real estate loans posing a danger to banks. The IMF said...
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Indonesia Business Forecast Report;2007 1st Quarter, p21
The article presents Sovereign risk ratings by the periodical "Business Monitor International," of different countries owing to their debt servicing capabilities.
- Debt levels across the UK. // Credit Management;Jun2008, p7
The article presents the data on total debt levels for towns and cities in Great Britain released by Experian Inc. as of 2008, including debt balances on outstanding mortgages, credit cards, loans and overdrafts. It states that total outstanding balances on borrowing increased by 9.24% over the...
- Amend-Extend Drives Loan Volume. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/29/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p20
The article reports on the loans that have been extended through amend-and-extend deals as of March 2010, accounting for 25 percent of completed leveraged loan volume for 2010.
- Average Retail Pro Rata and Institutional Upfront Fee of Acquisition-related Highly Leveraged Loans 1992/3--Three-Months-Ended 12/98. // Bank Loan Report;01/18/99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p22
Provides information on the retail pro rata and institutional upfront fee of acquisition-related highly leveraged loans from 1993 to December 1998.
- Refinancings: Just How Far Will Institutions Go? // High Yield Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p7
Reports the demand for institutional loan paper. Discussion on refinancing of leveraged deals; Trend for pricing cutbacks on institutional and pro rata branches; Description on large institutional bank loan portfolio with acceptable range.
- European Loans Market is Quieter This Year. S.I. // High Yield Report;5/12/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p7
Reports on developments in the European leverage loan market as of May 12, 2003.