Highland Capital to Manage Hewett's Island CLO I
- European High Yield Bonds Are No Friend to CDOs. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on the European collateralized debt obligation (CDO) market conditions as of June 25, 2001. Increase in CDO issuance year-to-date; Prediction of a move out of European high yield as CDO collateral and into other asset classes.
- High Yield CDOs Lose Appeal in Q2. Nugent, John // Bank Loan Report;7/2/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the performance of collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the U.S. Amount of CDO issuance; Slowdown in CDO issuance; Downgrade in high yield CDO.
- 2002 CDO Roundup: A Mixed Bag of Opinions. O'Connor, Colleen Marie; Gregory, Michael; Graubard, David // High Yield Report;1/13/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the performance of collateralized debt obligations in the U.S. in 2002. Overall volume in 2002; Asset-backed securitization downgrades; Troubles at Triton.
- UBS Research Touts Loan Success As CDO Collateral. O'Connor, Colleen // High Yield Report;5/26/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p7
Cites a study by UBS Warburg, which found the leveraged loans are the collateral of choice for collateralized debt obligations.
- CDOs: placing that darned equity piece. Gregory, Michael; Graubard, David // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p1
Discusses trends in the collateral debt obligations (CDO) in the U.S. Arbitrage for CDO; Downgrades in the CDO sector; Canyon Capital Advisors' plan to retain equity on a collateral bond obligation.
- Leveraged loans the object of European CDO market affection. // Asset Securitization Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the increasing popularity of leveraged loans in the collateralized debt obligation (CDO) market in Europe. Leverage loan component for each transaction represented; Tendency of mezzanine loans to the clumped together with leveraged loan CLO targeted assets.
- Despite falling recoveries, leveraged loan CDOs still strong. Husband, Sarah // Asset Securitization Report;6/9/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 23, p13
Reports on the developments concerning the leveraged loan collateralized debt obligations (CDO) market in the U.S. as of June 9, 2003. Stability and risk assessment; Presence of CDOs in structured vehicles; Decline in the recovery rates on bank loans; Investors' interest in leveraged-loan CDOs.
- Secondary CDO Spreads Widen Out. Graubard, David // Private Placement Letter;10/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the illiquidity of the secondary collateralized debt obligations market in the United States. Mark-to-market rate; Reasons behind the trend.
- Trust preferred CDOs gain clout. Iyer, Savita // Private Placement Letter;9/9/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p1
Reports that collateralized debt obligations (CDO) exclusively secured by a portfolio of bank trust preferred securities have been a steadily growing part of the securitization market. Increased interest from potential investors; Rise in the number of CDO issues.