Companies Once Again Grow into Their Leverage
- Right-sizing the Balance Sheet. MacFADYEN, KEN // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that corporate buyers in the U.S. are using acquisitions to adjust their credit profiles. As stated, the acquisition of Global Crossing Ltd. by Level 3 Communications Inc., the synergies pegged at 2.5 billion dollars are expected to ease the combined company's net debt to...
- Undersea Capacity Exchanged. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p22
Informs that Global Crossing Ltd. and Level 3 Communications have signed a deal in which Global will acquire a 50-percent stake in Level 3's transatlantic fiber optic cable, Project Yellow.
- Disrupted. Now what? Engebretson, Joan // America's Network;06/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the concept of disruptive technology in relation to dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM) technology of the telecommunication industry. Response of telecommunication companies to Internet Protocol; How Citibank benefited from its deployment of automated teller machines; Implications...
- Infr@structure. // Inter@ctive Week;10/26/98, Vol. 5 Issue 42, pI-1
Presents news briefs on Internet service providers in the United States. Information on the deal between Level 3 Communications Inc. and Global Crossing Ltd.; Suppliers who have joined the Inverse Multiplexing-over-ATM (IMA) Interoperability Initiative; Features of Octave Communications...
- Global Crossing's Buy. DeSmidt, Ben // Securities Industry News;02/28/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Global Crossing Ltd.'s plan to move into the financial services industry and increase its presence in Asia. Company's purchase of IXnet and parent company IPC Communications; Global Crossing's network that goes to all financial centers.
- GENUITY DEAL NOT ENOUGH FOR LONG HAUL. Weber, Toby // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p9
Focuses on the plan of Level 3 Communications Inc. to acquire Genuity Inc. out of bankruptcy in the U.S. Factors leading the carriers to bankruptcy; Fears of industry watchers on the trend; Possibility that some restructure carriers could declare bankruptcy again.
- Buyer beware of telecom gear. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p11
Reports on the decision of Level 3 Communication Inc. to acquire the assets of Genuity Inc. Trends set up in business scenario by such acquisitions; Apprehensions of getting involved in such business trends; Buyers registered to bid on the assets.
- CenturyLink, Level 3 Stocks Spike; Merger Of Equals? KRAUSE, REINHARDT // Investors Business Daily;10/27/2016, p11
The article reports that the shares of local phone company CenturyLink and Level 3 Communications have both increased on October 27, 2016 after a report that they are in advanced talks to merge their businesses.
- To OC-192 or not to OC-192. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;11/22/99, Vol. 237 Issue 21, p58
Advises on when telecommunication carriers can upgrade their networks and bandwidth. Deployment of OC-192; Plans of AT&T for its OC-192; Competition between AT&T and Global Crossing; Similar move of Level 3 Communications. INSET: Briefly.