Blackboard Increases Buyout Loan
- Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility. COLTER, ALLISON BISBEY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the 1.15 billion U.S. dollars in debt commitments received by education software maker Blackboard Inc. to finance its acquisition by Providence Equity Partners.
- Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;7/11/2011, p8
The article reports that Blackboard Inc., a producer of education software, received 1.15 billion dollars toward its acquisition by Providence Equity Partners from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and Morgan Stanley.
- Citi, BofA Prep $875M TL for SRA Buyout. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;4/11/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p7
The article discusses the credit facility arranged by Citigroup and Bank of America Merrill Lynch worth 1.39 billion U.S. dollars to back Providence Equity Partners' buyout of SRA International.
- Activity Improves in Q3 in Mergers and Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the improved activity in acquisitions and mergers during the third quarter (Q3) of 2011 in the educational publishing business in the U.S. It notes the 1.78 billion dollar acquisition of enterprise infrastructure software provider Blackboard Inc. by Providence Equity...
- Edline Becomes a Blackboard Business. // Electronic Education Report;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the move of investor group headed by affiliates of Providence Equity Partners LLC to acquire enterprise learning platform software provider Blackboard Inc. in the U.S. It states that the acquisition causes Providence's portfolio company, Edline, which offers web pages,...
- Providence Equity to Acquire Blackboard. // Electronic Education Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the plan of Providence Equity Partners LLC to acquire educational software provider Blackboard Inc. It states that Providence will assume 130 million dollars in debt and will pay 1.64 billion dollars in cash. It says that Blackboard is focused on enterprise-level software...
- College Publishers Fill Blackboard's Dance Card. // Educational Marketer;7/18/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p1
The article discusses the partnerships of Blackboard Learn with several college publishers, including Pearson Co., John Wiley and Sons Inc., and Cengage Learning Inc. It says that the series of Blackboard's partnerships has started after they accept the 1.64 billion dollars offer to sell the...
- Blackboard Expands Scope and Vision. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the moves of Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. which has expanded its business scope and vision. It offers a background of the company which was acquired by Providence Equity Partners LLC for 1.78 billion dollars. It discusses Blackboard's expansion moves which...
- Acquisitions Increase in 2011, More Change in 2012. // Electronic Education Report;1/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the increase of merger and acquisitions market for educational technology products in the U.S. in 2011. It cites the acquisition of the enterprise learning platform provider Blackboard Inc. by the Providence Equity Partners LLC with an enterprise value of 1.64 billion...