NewPage Files for Bankruptcy
- NewPage Seeking $600M DIP Loan. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/29/2011, p8
The article discusses Ohio-based coated paper manufacturer NewPage's efforts to obtain a 600-million-dollar debtor-in-possession (DIP) loan. The company, which has more than 3 billion dollars in debt, has two possible restructuring scenarios. One includes a prepackaged bankruptcy filing, and the...
- NewPage Files for Bankruptcy. SHEAHAN, MATTHEW // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/12/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p4
The article announces a Chapter 11 bankrutpcy protection filing by Miamisburg, Ohio-based coated paper manufacturer NewPage Corp. and a debtor-in-possession loan that it was able to secure.
- Glatfelter to buy NewPage specialties. // Pulp & Paper;Apr2006, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the definitive agreement signed by Glatfelter to acquire NewPage's carbonless and specialty papers business in Ohio. Revenues of the business to be acquired; Plans related to Glatfelter's subsequent restructuring; Potential advantages of the acquisition.
- If Verso Goes Bankrupt, It Will Be The Largest Filing in the Sector Since 2011. Lewis, Jakema // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/20/2016, p5
The article reports the claim by ratings firm Fitch Ratings in early 2016 that the anticipated bankruptcy filing by paper producer Verso Corp. will be the biggest in the industry since 2011. Also cited are the moves by Verso and its subsidiary NewPage Corp. to exercise the grace period for...
- Verso Files Ch. 11, Following Missed Interest Payments. Lewis, Jakema // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/26/2016, p1
The paper producer's filing is the sector's largest since NewPage's bankruptcy in 2011
- Argentina's Bankruptcy Law of 1995. Dobson, Juan M. // Texas International Law Journal;Winter98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p101
Discusses the 1995 bankruptcy law of Argentina, which contemplates reorganizations and liquidation bankruptcy. Law's attempt to devise mechanisms that may salvage the enterprise without the debtor; Description of the notion of 'enterprise salvage'; Evidence of how unviable many Argentine...
- Practice opportunities serving those in distress in Chapter 11. Baldiga, Nancy R. // CPA Journal;May98, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the potential service opportunities provided by Chapter 11 bankruptcy rules to accountants. Overview of the Chapter 11 process; Evaluation of the reorganization plan; Factors to be considered in the feasibility review; Issue of plan feasibility; Creditor service; Debtor service;...
- Riese exits Chap. 11. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/21/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the reorganization of Riese Organization in the United States. Plans of opening restaurants in New York; Emergence of the National Restaurants Management Inc., the company's subsidiary from the Chapter 11 bankruptcy; Details on the settlement of claims to ALGM LLC, the company's creditor.
- Proposed law could help sort out tangled cross-border bankruptcies. Wipperfurth, Heike // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/07/99, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p13
Reports that part of the overall bankruptcy bill under consideration in the United States Congress will require countries to cooperate in multinational bankruptcy proceedings. Multinational reorganizations; Flaws in the current system of territorialism; Countries interested in the US move.