Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility
- Blackboard Gets $1.15B Loan Facility. COLTER, ALLISON BISBEY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p9
The article reports on the 1.15 billion U.S. dollars in debt commitments received by education software maker Blackboard Inc. to finance its acquisition by Providence Equity Partners.
- Activity Improves in Q3 in Mergers and Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the improved activity in acquisitions and mergers during the third quarter (Q3) of 2011 in the educational publishing business in the U.S. It notes the 1.78 billion dollar acquisition of enterprise infrastructure software provider Blackboard Inc. by Providence Equity...
- Edline Becomes a Blackboard Business. // Electronic Education Report;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the move of investor group headed by affiliates of Providence Equity Partners LLC to acquire enterprise learning platform software provider Blackboard Inc. in the U.S. It states that the acquisition causes Providence's portfolio company, Edline, which offers web pages,...
- Providence Equity to Acquire Blackboard. // Electronic Education Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the plan of Providence Equity Partners LLC to acquire educational software provider Blackboard Inc. It states that Providence will assume 130 million dollars in debt and will pay 1.64 billion dollars in cash. It says that Blackboard is focused on enterprise-level software...
- Blackboard Expands Scope and Vision. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the moves of Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. which has expanded its business scope and vision. It offers a background of the company which was acquired by Providence Equity Partners LLC for 1.78 billion dollars. It discusses Blackboard's expansion moves which...
- Blackboard Increases Buyout Loan. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;9/12/2011, p6
The article reports on the increase in credit facility that software maker Blackboard needs in order to fund its sale to Providence Equity Partners which, in turn, will merge Blackboard with Edline LLC.
- Acquisitions Increase in 2011, More Change in 2012. // Electronic Education Report;1/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the increase of merger and acquisitions market for educational technology products in the U.S. in 2011. It cites the acquisition of the enterprise learning platform provider Blackboard Inc. by the Providence Equity Partners LLC with an enterprise value of 1.64 billion...
- Providence Pursues Hasbro. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/28/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p11
The article focuses on plans by Providence Equity Partners to acquire toy maker Hasbro.
- Cox Buys Stake in AutoTrader. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/6/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the acquisition by communications group Cox Enterprises Inc. of the interest of private equity firm Providence Equity Partners in online automotive service provider AutoTrader Group in January 2014.