Sbarro Delays Reorg with DIP Amendment
- Sbarro Files for Chapter 11 Protection. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/11/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p1
The article announces that Sbarro filed for Chapter 11 protection and plans to implement a prepackaged reorganization effort to eliminate 200 million U.S. dollars worth of debt.
- Sbarro's Seeks To Sell Itself. Bisbey Colter, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/30/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p25
The article reports on the plan of American fast-food chain Sbarro Inc. to sell itself instead of undergoing restructuring through bankruptcy.
- BANKRUPTCY. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/22/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the plan of Sbarro Inc. to file a joint plan of reorganization to exit the Chapter 11 bankruptcy which could result to decrease of its debt from 295 to 110 million dollars.
- Sbarro's new owners plan to step up growth. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/4/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 49, p1
The article presents business promotion plans of a private-equity firm MidOcean Partners, after it acquired Sbarro Inc. Nicky McGrane, a partner with MidOcean in New York, states that company's focus will be on the mainstay QSR concept by increasing the number of company owned stores. The...
- RESTAURANT CHAIN HAS DEBT ON ITS PLATE. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;11/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p24
The article presents information on the restaurant chain Sbarro Inc. Founded in 1956, the company was acquired by private equity firm MidOcean Partners in 2007 for $450 million. Saddled with $333 million in debt and having recorded losses of $8.9 million so far in 2008, Sbarro has entered the...
- Water Pik Pursues Loan Add-Ons. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;7/21/2015, p6
The articles reports on the meeting of Water Pik with MidOcean Partners concerning its first-lien term loan worth 215 million dollars and second-lien facility 95 million dollars.
- A Long, Winding Road to PE. Holman, Kelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p1
The article features balance sheet repairman Robert S. Miller, who brought his restructuring talent to the seven-year-old MidOcean Partners LP in New York. It states that Miller was named chairman of the company whose primary task is to restructure its portfolio companies and help select new...
- MidOcean, Wasserstein Infuse Penton. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p7
The article reports that New York City-based Penton Media Inc. has been given a cash infusion by private equity firms MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co. following its Chapter 11 filing in the U. S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan on February 10, 2010. Penton Media co-chairmen Anup Bagaria,...
- Adelphia sheds Puerto Rico ops. Anderson, Kathleen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/7/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 24, p14
The article reports that recently acquired Adelphia Communications Corp. said Monday that it will sell its Puerto Rico cable operations to two private equity firms for $520 million. The operations in Puerto Rico, like those of parent company Adelphia, filed for bankruptcy protection in a...