Jackson-Hewitt Seeks Ch. 11 Exit
- UPDATED: Jackson Hewitt Files Chapter 11. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/30/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p8
The article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by tax preparation service provider Jackson Hewitt on May 24, 2011.
- Jackson Hewitt Files Chapter 11. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/30/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p4
This article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by Jackson Hewitt Tax Service on May 30, 2011 as it reached an agreement with its secured lenders on a restructuring scheme.
- Bankruptcy Report. SHEAHAN, MATTHEW // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/8/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p8
This article reports on the plans of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service and Innkeepers USA Trust to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. in 2011.
- The best of intentions. Richman, T. // Inc.;Apr91, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p109
Examines how John Hewitt founded Jackson Hewitt Inc., tax preparers, and turned it into a successful chain of 299 franchised and 12 company-owned offices in 12 states and Washington, D.C. INSET: On being strategic..
- Jackson Hewitt adding 200+ locations. P.C. // Practical Accountant;Jan94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
Reports on Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's decision to increase the number of its locations for the 1994 season. Offering of a refund anticipation loan.
- At Jackson Hewitt timing is everything. Maddocks, Todd D. // Franchise Times;Aug96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p18
Features the company Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Job description of a Jackson Hewitt Tax Service franchisee; Average time of completing a tax return; Franchise fee of the company.
- Many happy returns. // Entrepreneur;Nov94, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p115
Reports on tax preparation company Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. John Hewitt's `decision-tree' software; Strategy; Earnings.
- Upstart takes H&R Block to tax. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;1/11/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p4
Reports that Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, once a small tax preparation company, will give H&R Block a tougher run for its money this year with its first-ever national television campaign breaking this week. New campaign from H&R Block; Details of the competition.
- Jackson Hewitt Celebrates 10th Anniversary. // Franchising World;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the 10th anniversary celebration of the stockholders of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service on Sept 19, 1992. Company's roots as a local tax service with 6 offices; Target of 700 offices by 1993 tax season; President John T. Hewitt.