Europe Faces Its Own Maturity Wall
- S&P: Beware of Extension Risk in Older Euro CLOs. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;5/20/2013, p50
The article discusses the rating agency Standard & Poor's (S&L) May 14, 2013 report which warns against the potential risks for collateralized loan obligations (CLO) investors. The report notes that extending the term of the CLOs poses risks for investors. According to S&L, maturities of...
- Not CLOsed for the Summer. // Leveraged Finance News;9/3/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 34, p2
The article discusses a decline in the collateralized loan obligation (CLO) and leveraged loan markets in the U.S. in 2012. According to Standard & Poor's Corp.'s Capital IQ LCD, the volume of leveraged loan in August has not only topped expectations but has proven its busiest record. It adds...
- Europe Faces Its Own Maturity Wall. // Leveraged Finance News;9/5/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p1
The article discusses the condition of the European leveraged loan market in 2011. It notes that the current shutdown of the leveraged loan market in Europe has caused some marketers to fret concerning a barrage of loan maturities coming due just as many of Europe's collateralized loan...
- Europe's Own Maturity Wall. // Asset Securitization Report;Sep2011, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the problems about the maturity period of leveraged loans in Europe. A report from Standard & Poor's Corp. revealed that there will be a concentration of leverage loans and collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) maturing in 2014 and 2015. According to Rishad Ahluwalia,...
- S&P Requests Feedback on CLO Metric. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the feedback requested by Standard & Poor's from loan market participants on a proposed metric that would estimate a collateralized loan obligation's (CLO) recovery value.
- S&P: Medium-Term CLO Pipeline Steady at $16.5B. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;7/22/2013, p9
The article reports that U.S. issuers have asked ratings agency Standard & Poor's to rate 35 collateralized loan obligations (CLO) amounting to 16.5 billion dollars as of July 3, 2013.
- Obligor Concentration Risk Dips in 2Q. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;8/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p28
The article reports on the slight decline of the collateralized loan obligation (CLO) obligor concentration risk in outstanding Standard & Poor's-rated U.S. cash flow deals in the second quarter of 2010 from 57% to 55%.
- S&P: Medium-Term CLO Pipeline at $14.8B. // High Yield Report;12/16/2013, p21
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P) has rated 32 collateralized loan obligations totaling 14.8 billion U.S. dollars as of November 29, 2013 and highlights the issuance of S&P-rated deals for the year to date totaling 76 billion U.S. dollars, up from 50 billion U.S. dollars in the...
- S&P: CLOs Expect 2010 Default Peak. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p2
The article reports on a survey released by Standard & Poor's which found that nearly half of a group of 134 collateralized-loan obligation (CLO) managers who responded believe that leveraged loan defaults will peak in the first half of 2010. The survey showed that 45.3% of CLO managers believe...