Penn HY Fund Gets Large State Commitment
- PENN Capital Focuses On Interplay Within Capital Structures. // High Yield Report;4/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p3
The article presents the corporate profile of PENN Capital Management Co. Inc., an investment management firm that provides services to institutional and high net worth investors. Its standpoints on the various strategies for a sound manipulation of corporate securities within the company's...
- Big Deals Signal Start of New M&A Era. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;2/25/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the possible effect of large mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to leveraged loan and high yield loan bonds. It mentions that several big-ticket buyouts and M&A have brought billions in new deals, featuring the move of Virgin Media on selling $3.653 billion high yield bond on...
- Investors Hold The Cards In Q4. // High Yield Report;9/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of high yield investment companies in the U.S. as of 2006. Though most market players expect that the year-to-date momentum will continue unabated in the coming months, macro factors and technical factors are on investors' minds. Kevin Roche, high...
- TCERA Wraps High Yield Search. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;5/27/2010, p1
The article reports on the selection of Shenkman Capital Management as high yield investment manager of Tulare County Employees' Retirement Association (TCERA) in California. According to TCERA administrator Dave Kehler, other companies considered for the contract included PENN Capital...
- Penn Capital moves to lure institutions. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;11/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p34
Reports on Penn Capital Management's marketing efforts to prove its assets are not junk. Efforts to bring in more institutional assets; High-yield bonds; Background information on the company; Comments from assistant vice president Christian M. Noyes.
- Corrections & clarifications. // Pensions & Investments;9/6/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p40
A correction to an article about Penn Capital Management and its senior portfolio manager, Martin Smith in the August 23, 2010 issue is presented.
- Penn moves into small-cap value equities. // Pensions & Investments;08/10/98, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p51
Reports on the plans of high-yield bond manager Penn Capital Management to offer small-cap value equity investing to institutional clients in the United States. Comments made by Richard Hocker, a co-founder of Penn Capital; Estimated amount of money in assets Penn Capital manages; Performance...
- $500M Missouri Fund Discusses Manager's Fate. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/15/2012, p10
The article explores the problem faced by the St. Louis County Retirement Board of Trustees and PENN Capital Management, which according to Summit Director of Manager Research Roger Brown is caused by the four consecutive bad quarters seen by PENN Capital.
- Vermont Pensions Pick Guggenhem's High Yield Offering. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/25/2013, p7
The article reports on the selection of Topeka, Kansas-based Guggenheim Investments as Vermont Pension Investment Committee's (VPIC) new high yield fixed-income account manager, together with Loomis Sayles and Penn Capital Management.