Judge OKs Innkeeper USA's Reorganization Plan
- Innkeeper USA Claims Trading Spikes in May. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;6/27/2011, p5
The article reports on the latest data issued by SecondMarket as of June 27, 2011, which showed that the plan by Innkeepers USA Trust to sell 1.1 billion dollars in assets to repay its creditors has led to increased trading in the real estate investment trust's (REIT) bankruptcy claims. In May...
- Consistent REIT portfolio growth a remnant of 1990s. Dela Cruz, Tony // Hotel & Motel Management;9/19/2005, Vol. 220 Issue 16, p41
This article focuses on the consistent hotel real-estate investment trusts (REIT) portfolio growth in the U.S. MeriStar Hospitality Corp. and Innkeepers USA Trust want to keep their lines of credit in good standing because of the tendency for REIT to overextend their reach. At MeriStar...
- Apollo Buying Innkeepers USA. // National Mortgage News;4/23/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p43
The article reports on the acquisition of Innkeepers USA Trust, a hotel real estate investment trust, by Apollo Investment Corp. in the U.S. Innkeepers is being acquired by Apollo for $1.5 billion. According to a report, the purchase price includes $17.75 per Innkeepers share in cash and the...
- Bankruptcy Report. SHEAHAN, MATTHEW // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/8/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p8
This article reports on the plans of Jackson Hewitt Tax Service and Innkeepers USA Trust to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. in 2011.
- TRANSACTIONS. // Lodging Hospitality;5/15/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p24
The article offers news briefs related to the hospitality industry. JER Partners Acquisitions IV, LLC is purchasing Highland Hospitality Corp. for $2 billion. Apollo Investment Corp. has signed an agreement to acquire Innkeepers USA Trust, a real estate investment trust. Red Roof Inns has been...
- Desert Capital ends objection. Edwards, John G. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/20/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p15
The article reports on the decision of Desert Capital Real Estate Investment Trust to withdraw its objection to involuntary bankruptcy filed in Nevada according to attorney Gerald Gordon in June 2011.
- Extended-stay takes root. Higley, Jeff // Hotel & Motel Management;04/06/98, Vol. 213 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the extended-stay segment of the hotel industry in the United States (US). Estimated number of extended-stay rooms in the US; Information on the growth of the extended-stay segment; Account on the investment made by Innkeepers USA Trust in the segment.
- Mall owner set to exit bankruptcy protection. // Inside Tucson Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that Chicago-based General Growth Properties Inc. is looking to exit bankruptcy protection for the real estate investment trust, after a bankruptcy judge approved its exit strategy that will see the company split into two.
- ... as Thornburg Makes It Official. // American Banker;5/4/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 84, p9
The article reports that Thornburg Mortgage Inc., a mortgage loan firm and real estate investment trust based in Santa Fe, New Mexico, filed for bankruptcy on May 1, 2009. Court documents indicated the company declared some $500 million in assets while having over $1 billion in debts. The...