Nomura Intl Said to Lose Head U.S. Loan Trader
- Normura a leader in mortgage derivatives. // American Banker;8/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 157, p11
Reports on Nomura Securities International Inc.'s emergence as one of the largest players in mortgage derivatives in the United States.
- ALT-A Investors Get Principal Back. // National Mortgage News;05/07/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p32
Highlights a Nomura Securities International Inc. research report which showed that alternative A (alt-A) credit mortgages have been repaying more quickly than some investors may have anticipated. Lower financing barriers facing alt-A borrowers; Alt-A convexity advantage.
- Pubs give Nomura a thirst for retailing. Benady, David; Bentley, Stephanie // Marketing Week;10/23/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p21
Focuses on Japanese investment bank Nomura's increasing influence in the British business scene with its purchase of major pubs, houses and rail stock. Expansion of Japanese brokers' operations in London; Establishment of Nomura's Nomura International subsidiary; Complex financial agreement...
- Nomura forms U.S. group to replicate U.K. buyout success. Snow, David // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 42, p4
Reports on Nomura Securities International Inc.'s formation of a group to import its European strategy into the United States investment banking industry. Hiring of Tom Capasse and Bob Young to form the group; Success of the company's Principal Finance Group in Europe; Company's acquisition...
- Nomura Lays Groundwork For Return To Fixed-Income Securities Arena. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/17/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 29, p3
Reports the rebuilding of the fixed-income division of Nomura Securities International Inc. in the United States. Management of the division by Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter veteran Alex Noujaim; Market performance of the division; Impact of the cash infusion on the holding...
- Nomura's debt-hiring binge was just an appetizer. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/06/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 43, p14
Reports on Nomura Securities International Inc.'s hiring of employees for its fixed-income division. International locations of the company; Timing of Nomura's search for additional officials; Nomura's present status in the fixed-income market.
- Nomura Securities looks at the call protection on FHA/VA reperforming mortgages. // Asset Securitization Report;7/8/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p13
Cites a report by Nomura Securities International Inc. on FHA/VA reperforming mortgages, a growing segment in the mortgage backed securities market. Call protection; GNMA pools.
- Rising sum. // Central New Jersey Business;4/5/95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p10
Reports that Cytogen, the biotechnology company, saw its stock jump by four percent on March 29, 1995, when Nomura Securities International, the Japanese securities firm, agreed to buy $49 million of its stock.
- Matching People and Technology. Radigan, Joseph // Securities Industry News;6/19/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p18
Focuses on the effect of automation and market pressures on the personality and culture of proprietary traders. Remarks from Jeffrey Hudson, CEO of Vhayu Technologies, on the new kind of traders; Use of technology tools in the consultative process with customers by traders; Reliance of Nomura...