Chiquita Brands Upsizes Credit Facility
- Chiquita Brands files Ch. 11, eyes $700 debt reduction. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/10/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p62
Reports the move of Chiquita Brands International Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Cincinnati, Ohio. Aim of reducing debt; Schedule for company reorganization; Impact of the international surplus of bananas.
- Chiquita Offers $425M in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/4/2013, p3
The article reports on the launch by Charlotte, North Carolina-based food distributor Chiquita Brands International of senior secured notes due 2021 to refinance existing debt.
- Louisiana Bond Commission OK's New Orleans Airport Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;1/15/2015, p1
The Louisiana State Bond Commission Thursday gave its approval for the New Orleans Aviation Board to issue up to $700 million for a new terminal.
- Smaller banana has a-peel. // Environmental Nutrition;Jun92, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Introduces the new, smaller banana made by Chiquita, dubbed `Chiquita Junior.' Seven inches long; 90 calories instead of 120; Perfect for banana splits and topping cereal; Prevents waste.
- Chiquita's decision to centralize imports, shift bananas to rail has ports scrambling. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;1/9/95, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p19
Reports that East Coast and Gulf ports in the United States have made finishing touches on bids to attract the entire North American operation of Chiquita Brands International Inc. and its containerized banana imports. Plans to shift large volumes of the imports from truck to intermodal rail...
- Chiquita Brands exits chilled juices, leaves Tropicana as blend-meister. Khermouch, Gerry // Brandweek;12/11/95, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p36
Reports on Cincinnati, Ohio-based Chiquita Brands' decision to cease the production of its chilled and frozen juices. Benefit of the company's acquisition of Dole; Failure of the company to establish a foothold with diversification bids.
- Chiquita's profits are fruitful and come in bunches. Goodman, J.E. // Money;Oct90, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p67
Reports on the positive sales outlook for Chiquita Brands, the leading American banana firm, in Western and Eastern Europe.
- Supplier profiles. // Prepared Foods;Dec93, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p291
Presents a corporate profile on Chiquita Brands. Products offered; Marketplace strengths; Contact information.
- Chiquita brands ice cream, bread. Spethmann, Betsy // Brandweek;5/22/95, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the increasing product line from Chiquita Brands International Inc. Introduction of bakery products; Licensee agreements; Product testing results.