Precision Driving By with $300M Junk Deal
- Junk's Growing Underclass : Junk's growing subset of low-rated deals parallels 1990 situation. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/9/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 27, pN.PAG
Focuses on high yield junk bonds in the capital market. Percentage of low rated bonds in the high-yield bonds market; Default rate of junk bonds; Scenario of the high yield bond market in 1990.
- THE TRASHING OF EURO JUNK. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/8/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the condition of European high-yield market. Value of European junk deals from underwriting; Withdrawal of second-tier players in the market; Changes of financial institutions to domestic high-yield market.
- Global HY Volume Reaches YTD Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/18/2014, p8
The article reports that the global high yield debt capital markets volume grew by 10 percent to 343.4 billion dollars in 2014 from its 2013 level, as driven by the bond volume growth for business deals in Europe, the Middle East and Africa by 41 percent.
- Cablevision, Precision Drilling Plan $750M In HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p21
The article unveils the plan of Cablevision and Precision Drilling to issue 750 million U.S. dollars or more in high yield bonds in February 2009. Cablevision's subsidiary CSC Holdings is expected to price 500 million U.S. dollar in senior notes due 2019 in a drive-by. Meanwhile, Canadian oil...
- A Gusher of HY for Oil Companies, For Now. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/14/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p19
The article reports the pumping of cash into oil and gas companies by junk bond investors. Factors that paved the situation are presented including high commodity prices, high yield, and oil companies being perceived as better credits. Current deals on the market are discussed such as that of...
- Mezzanine Funds Coming on Strong. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p12
Reports that money continues to flow into mezzanine funds at a colossal rate in the U.S. in 2004 although the robust junk markets are providing a cheaper alternative that mezzanine finance for many deals. Impact of European and middle-market deals on current interest in the sector; Key...
- A Turning Point for Junk. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p22
Comments on the critical turning point faced by the high-yield bond market in the U.S. in 2004 as two opposing trends, a dwindling number of investors and an enormous near-record amount of new issues, are set to collide. Concerns by few junk bankers that junk bond pricing can be in for a bout...
- Asian Leveraged Finance Set To Come Of Age. K., R. // High Yield Report;2/25/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
The article provides information on the issuance of leveraged loan in Asia. Leverage loan issuance in the region increased to $43.9 billion in 2007 from $11.4 billion in 2006. On the other hand, high yield bond volume declined to $6.5 billion in 2007 from $7.8 billion in 2006. However, high...
- Fed meeting spurs issuers to action. // High Yield Report;06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 26, pN
Discloses the pressure on high yield issuers in the United States as a result of the anticipated increase in interest rates which is projected to make finding financing in the capital markets more difficult.