Avis Shuns Pro Rata Market for European Acquisition
- Avis Shuns Pro Rata Market For European Acquisition. // Leveraged Finance News;9/19/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the acquisition Avis Europe PLC by the care rental company Avis Budget Group Inc. in Europe. Avis Budget has refused to acquire another car rental company Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. for 1.56 billion dollars. Avis Budget planned to acquire Avis Europe with a...
- Avis Ups Dollar Thrifty Bid. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/6/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p21
The article reports on the decision of New Jersey-based Avis Budget to increase the cash portion of its bid to purchase listed, Oklahoma-based competitor Dollar Thrifty from 39.25 U.S. dollars to 40.75 U.S. dollars per share. It mentions the uncertainty whether the shareholders of Dollar Thrifty...
- Avis May Upend Hertz Deal. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/10/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the possible competition bid between Avis Budget and Hertz Global Holdings for Dollar Thrifty. Avid Budget has sent a letter to Dollar Thrifty expressing its interest to buy the firm. Hertz Global Holdings agreed to acquire Dollar for 41 dollars per share. Hertz will...
- Pacific heights. Ellegard, Peter // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/4/2011, Issue 2969, p47
The article offers advice for British travelers on hiring and driving a car along California's Pacific Coast Highway. It discusses several issues including the car choices, rental costs, and licenses and insurance. It mentions several rental companies including Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group...
- Dollar Thrifty takes itself off the market. // Delta Automotive Report;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the market withdrawal of car-rental company Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. after its failure in pursuing Hertz Global Holding Inc. and Avis Budget Group Inc. into bidding.
- Today's Transactions: Hertz to Buy Dollar Thrifty for $2.3 billion. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/3/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p5
The article reports on the plans of car rental company Hertz Global Holdings to acquire Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group for about 2.3 billion U.S. dollars (USD) and to sell its Advantage Rent-A-Car business in connection with the deal. Advantage Rent-A-Car will be sold by Hertz to Franchise...
- Dollar eyes UK move. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/1/2005, Issue 2659, p13
Reports on the plans of U.S.-based Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. to dominate the leisure care hire industry in Great Britain in 2005.
- BACK ON TRACK. Douglas, Jeanne-Vida // BRW;2/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p52
The article focuses on car rental company Dollar Thrifty which was steered into profit by its chief executive Scott Thompson after a 2.3 million Australian dollar loss in 2008.
- Chrysler fleet sales stumble. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;11/26/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 5959, p6
Reports the decision of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. to reduce its car rental orders from DaimChrysler in the United States. Impact of the decision on the retail trade of Chrysler; Effects of the September 2001 terrorist attack on rental car companies; Comparison of purchased model...