Harry and David Exit Bankruptcy
- HARRY & DAVID GETS BAILOUT FUNDS. J. T. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Jun2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that food and gifts retailer Harry & David Holdings has been granted a bailout of 310 million U.S. dollars from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware.
- HARRY & DAVID FILES CHAPTER 11. T. P.; J. T. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);May2011, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that Harry & David Holdings entered into agreements with holders of the company's senior notes following its filing for Chapter 11 protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Court OKs Harry & David Restructuring Plan. // High Yield Report;9/5/2011, p8
The article reports on the exit of Medford, Oregon-based gourmet food-filled basket maker Harry & David Holdings bankruptcy on September 13, 2011. The reorganization plan of the company was confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. The economic downturn was cited as...
- Harry & David Files for Bankruptcy. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/4/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that Harry & David Holdings sought bankruptcy protection with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Harry & David Creditors Object To DIP Terms. Burton, Paul // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/2/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that the terms of a 100-million U.S.-dollar debtor-in-possession loan from Wasserstein & Co. have been rejected by the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 petition of gift retailer Harry & David Holdings Inc. Under the terms, Wasserstein & Co. will...
- 1-800-Flowers Snags Harry & David for $143M. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/8/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p3
The article reports that floral and gift retailer 1-800-Flowers.com, Inc. plans to acquire gift company Harry & David Holdings, Inc. for 142.5 million dollars. Topics include the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process of Harry & David in 2011, the acquisition of Japanese conglomerate Yamanouchi...
- Harry & David pulls plug on its DB plan. INKLEBARGER, TIMOTHY // Pensions & Investments;4/4/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the discontinuation of defined benefit pension plan of Harry and David Holdings Inc.
- GRIM OUTLOOK FOR HARRY & DAVID. T. P.; J. T. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Mar2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
The article looks at the poor financial performance of Harry & David and its parent company Harry & David Holdings in 2010, and offers a grim outlook for the U.S.-based food gift marketer in 2011.
- Harry & David announces company-wide staff reduction. // Candy Industry;Feb2009, Vol. 174 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the announcement of Harry & David Holdings Inc. that it has cut approximately 10% of salaried and full-time employees, excluding retail store employees in Medford, Oregon. The staffing reduction was decided upon after the company had already reduced discretionary spending...