- Merchant Liability Test Case? Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;4/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 71, p1
Ever since BJ's Wholesale Club of Natick, Massachusetts, said last month that it was investigating the possible theft of customers' credit or debit card numbers, dozens of East Coast banks and credit unions have reissued thousands of cards. Now some of them are considering legal action to force...
- Data Theft Forces Account Closures. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the shut down of several credit unions and banks and debit credit card accounts after computer hackers gained access to millions of accounts at BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. in Purchase, New York. Issuance of new cards for the accounts to those affected by the breach of security; Alert...
- Matt Hines: Security Watch. // eWeek;8/4/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p54
The author reflects on the argument concerning the issue of who is responsible for paying lost credit cards during data breach in the U.S. The author contends on the decision of the court which allows the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (PSECU) to seek card payments from BJ's Wholesale...
- BJ's to pay price display fines. // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p2
Reports that BJ's Wholesale Club must pay $7,500 for violating price-display guidelines on grocery items.
- BJ's debuts Club 2000 footprint. Rubinstein, Ed // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p3
Reports on four concurrent openings on July 27, 1996 of BJ's Wholesale Club in Natick, Massachusetts. Highlights of the store openings; Debut of the Club 2000 concept; Seasonal and rotating areas.
- BJ's to open first Westchester store. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;8/14/95, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p5
Reports on BJ's Wholesale Club's opening of its first Westchester, New York membership warehouse in October 1995. Westchester's deep-discount membership retailers; Opening delayed by construction problems; Projects' original builder; Construction completion of the store; BJ's Wholesale Club's...
- BJ's opens store in Yorktown. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/23/95, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
Presents information on plans by BJ's Wholesale Club to open a Westchester store in Yorktown. Where store will be located; Number of persons to be employed by store; Why opening was delayed; Details on BJ's.
- B.J.'s officially drops Yonkers plan. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;08/18/97, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p3
Reports that B.J.'s Warehouse Club has shelved plans to put up a store at the South Westchester Executive Park in Yonkers, New York. Termination agreement signed with RMC Development Co. LLC; Possible uses of the site given up.
- BJ's commands large share of home turf. // Discount Store News;7/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p92
Reports on BJ's Wholesale Club's strategies in keeping up with competition from Sam's Club and Price Costco. Percentage of market command in the Northeast; Increase in operating income; Experimentation with different club sizes; Presentation of a more consumer-friendly image in the market.