Like Magic, August's Loan Deals Reappear
- CIBC Explores Utility Buyouts in Deregulated Environment. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p1
Reports the transaction between Paul Kovich of CIBC World Markets with Michael Masselli and Jon Larson on buyouts. Factors for the buyout transactions; Creation of banking team for exploration of financing of facilities; Importance of deals in investments.
- Europeans Waiting Patiently for LBOs. Burns, Mairin // Bank Loan Report;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the reaction of the financial market to the surge in European leveraged buyout activity. Steps taken by borrowers; Concerns of banks; Discussions on possible retrenchment; Difficulties encountered by several companies.
- LOAN PIPELINE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p56
Provides information on the grant of loan packages to various companies by banks in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Estimated amount of loan granted to companies; Description of the loan packages.
- Deutsche Bank Mexico remodels La Casita, heard at over US$60m. // Asset Securitization Report;9/16/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p22
Reports the remodelling of the Deutsche Bank-led deal backed by bridge loans for construction in Mexico. Amount of the senior tranche of the deal being planned; Alleviation of investors discomfort with the bond in its initial form; Percentage of the share of International Finance Corporation in...
- Banks Ride Business World's M&A Wave. Sheahan, Matthew // American Banker;2/25/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 29, p12
The article considers the impact of an increase in large consolidations and mergers of corporations on U.S. banking industry finance in 2013. The financing of such mergers through levered loans and high yield bonds which are issued, syndicated and marketed by large banking industry firms is...
- Banks Set Price Talk on Hillman Buyout Loan. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p14
The article reports that a bank consortium comprising of Morgan Stanley, Barclays and GE Capital Bank, shopping a 290-million-U.S. dollar term loan B backing the buyout of Hillman Cos. by Oak Hill Capital Partners, has set a price talk at Libor plus 375 basis points (bps).
- European Leveraged Finance Reinvents Itself For Q4. // Bank Loan Report;10/8/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p1
The article discusses the effort of the European leveraged finance market to reinvent itself for the fourth quarter of 2007. It states that the European loan market is finding ways to reinvent itself and make the most things in the context. It adds that relationship banking and club deals are...
- Don't Look To M&A To Be Savior For Your HY Investments in 2001. Conrad, Lee // Bank Loan Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the outlook for financing of mergers and acquisitions in 2001. Merger deals that are expected to be completed; Effect of the public equity market's decline on potential acquisitions; Sector that is most likely to see successful leveraged buyouts.
- MTC signs $4bn loan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/28/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p24
The article reports on the five-year revolving loan agreement signed by Kuwaiti local telecommunication company, MTC. The loan agreement is valued at $4,000 million and was lead arranged by BNP Paribas, Calyon, Credit Suisse First Boston and UBS. Joining at the mandated lead arranger level were,...