Junk Bond Fund Inflows Jump to $1.3B
- The Turnover Tax Has Many Merits. Sheng, Andrew // International Economy;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p35
The article provides information about the turnover tax in the U.S. It states that turnover tax is a user-pay tax that is less regressive than other forms of taxation and it can be countercyclical, being increased or decreased depending on the level of speculative fever in the markets. It...
- Top 200 funds with defined benefit assets in high-yield bonds. // Pensions & Investments;1/24/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p47
This article presents information related to funds with defined benefit assets in high-yield bonds. General Motors Corp. has total assets of $8,209m; New York City Retirement has total assets of $4,084m; California Public Employees has total assets of $2,300m; Texas Teachers has total assets of...
- Heading for the junkyard? Preece, Howard // Finance Week;5/4/2005, p66
The article presents a discussion on the bonds of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co., which are heading toward the junk status. Junk bonds are interest-bearing corporate paper that by definition are held in varying degrees of suspicion. General Motors might still be a giant but it is...
- ML Master HY Index. // High Yield Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
The article presents a graph representing the performance Merriyl Lynch Master High Yield index during the period of September 8 to November 17, 2004.
- Inflows continue despite talk that risks are too great. Appell, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;1/24/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p46
This article presents information related to performance of pension funds in the U.S. Most of the big U.S. pension funds with allocations in high-yield bonds poured more money into the asset class in the 12 months ended September 30, but a growing minority said valuations have risen to the point...
- Iridium faced with $90m coupon payment this week. // High Yield Report;07/12/99, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p1
Discloses that satellite company Iridium LLC owed bondholders $90 million in coupon payments by July 15, 1999, on four different high yield offerings with a face value of $1.45 billion.
- Short takes on high yields. // High Yield Report;09/20/99, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p8
Reports on developments in high yield companies, as of September 20, 1999, including Adelphia Communications' plan to issue $400 million in stock to repay its debt.
- MOST RECENT COMPLETED HIGH YIELD DEALS. // Leveraged Finance News;8/11/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p9
A table is presented of the most recent completed high yield deals from July 28-August 6, 2014 with information on the issue date, issuer, principal amount, currency, coupon, maturity, Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC's rating and bookrunners.
- Telecom Junk Bonds Live Up To Their Name. Mulqueen, John T. // Inter@ctive Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on the high-yield debt or junk bonds of telecommunication carriers in the United States. Percentage of the publicly traded competitive local exchange carriers that are holding high-yield bonds; Percentage of the yields that investors are demanding to offset the risk they see in the...