No End in Sight for CLO Consolidation
- ICG Launches Euro Junk CDO. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;09/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p2
Reports the launching of EuroCredit II, a high yield collateralized debt obligation (CDO) by Intermediate Capital Group in Europe. Investment strategy of the EuroCredit II portfolio; Modification of amounts according to market conditions; Performance of the telecommunications market.
- Japanese CDO market experiences decreased CDO action. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Asset Securitization Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p13
Presents data showing the market for collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in Japan. Decrease in the number of balance-sheet CDO by financial institutions targeting portfolio risk management; Rate of synthetic CDO; Upgrade and downgrade of CDO activity.
- Defaults Hit CDOs' Equity. Sibayan, Karen // Bank Loan Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the impact of credit defaults on collateralized bond obligations' equity in the United States. Significance of credit selection to the completion of the recovery from debt; Importance of pro-active portfolio management; Factors that need to be considered in portfolio defaults.
- An Overview of Collateralized Debt Obligations. DeMasi, Jim // Community Banker;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p50
The article discusses collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) as an emerging alternative for fixed income market. CDOs can be a useful tool for enhancing yield in a bank's investment portfolio, while maintaining high credit quality. They also may be employed for portfolio diversification...
- BNY Mellon Appointed For Avoca Capital CLO. Du Chenne, Janet // Global Custodian News;2013, p92
BNY Mellon has been appointed trustee and portfolio administrator on Avoca Capital CLO X, a â‚¬311 million collateralized loan obligation (CLO).
- Deutsche enters innovative world of synthetic CLOs. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 27, p7
Reports on Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown's launch of its synthetic collaterized loan obligation program with Blue Stripe 1999-1, a $750 million deal. Popularity with investors; Use of the program to acquire risk protection on originated loans without securitizing assets dollar-for-dollar.
- Reassessing Risk. Kiviat, Barbara // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/22/2008, Issue 50, p53
This article discusses the lessons presented by the 2008 financial crisis for corporate risk management procedures. The investment policies of companies that were taking on the risks presented by subprime loans through the purchase and insurance of collateralized mortgage obligations are...
- HVCC Boosts Valuation Services' U.S. Appeal. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;6/22/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p9
The article reports on the implementation of the Home Valuation Code of Conduct (HVCC) by Solidifi Inc. that would boost property valuation and collateral risk management services in the U.S. The company's president Jason Smith states that HVCC enables lenders to get a more accurate sense of...
- CMO Floaters Warrant Consideration Compared to Fixed-Rate Alternatives. DeMasi, Jim // Community Banker;Mar2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p60
The article offers information on collateralized mortgage obligations (CMO) floaters. In addition to offering high current income, CMO floaters may be useful risk management tools for liability-sensitive institutions. The discount margins for CMO floaters,+20 to +40 basis points, compare...