Sponsors Line Up $4.95B of Debt for Kinetics Buyout
- Wound care firm KCI agrees to be bought for $6.3 billion. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Aug2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p29
The article reports that Kinetic Concepts Inc. (KCI) has agreed to be acquired by a consortium assembled by Apax Partners LLP for about 6.3 billion dollars.
- Private consortium set to pay $6.3 billion for Kinetic Concepts. PEDERSEN, AMANDA // Medical Device Daily;7/14/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 130, p1
The article reports on the offer of a group of private equity investors to purchase Kinetic Concepts (KCI) for 68.50 U.S. dollars a share in a cash deal amounting to 6.3 billion U.S. dollars, including the outstanding debt of the company. KCI reportedly went public in early 2004 through an...
- Novacea raises more funds. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2083, p28
Focuses on the funds raised by biopharmaceutical company Novacea through a financing deal with Apax Partners in January 2004. Total funds raised by the company since its creation in July 2001; Specialization of the company; Significance of the added funding to the company.
- TOP STORIES. // MondayMorning;7/18/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p1
The article offers news briefs related to U.S. healthcare industry. Apax Partners LLP is set to acquire Kinetic Concepts Inc. Studies made by researchers reveal that pills containing acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) drugs can check human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV) among heterosexual...
- Kinetic Concepts Agrees to Go Private. CODY, TAMIKA // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/18/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p12
This article reports on the acquisition of Kinetic Concepts by a group of investors that include Apax, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) and PSP Investments in 2011. The group purchased the medical technology business for 6.3 billion U.S. dollars. The investors secured debt...
- Leading Independent Proxy Advisory Firm ISS Recommends KCI Shareholders Vote 'FOR' Proposed Merger with Consortium Led by Apax Partners. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/17/2011, Vol. 21, p863
The article reports that the Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) is urging that Kinetic Concepts Inc. (KCI) shareholders should vote for KCI's merger with a consortium comprised of investment funds advised by Apax Partners LLP along with controlled affiliates of Canada Pension Plan...
- The Sound of Money. // njbiz;8/11/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p2
Looks at the venture capital investments received by New Jersey companies Expand Networks Inc. and Audible Inc. in August 2003. Worth of investments received by Audible from Apax Partners Inc.; Role of Tamir Fishman Ventures in the financing round of Expand Networks.
- Nothing ventured. // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2005, Issue 5425, p4
The article reports that Woolworths PLC has rejected an indicative offer for the company from venture capital company Apax Partners & Co. Woolworths said the Â£717 million-Â£789 million would be bid, did not provide acceptable value or certainty for it to open talks with Apax.
- FRESH REPORTS EMERGE OF HILFIGER FLOAT. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;WWDFAST, Vol. 194 Issue 82, p3
The article reports on the planned flotation of Tommy Hilfiger Corp. Apax Partners, which owns 80 percent of Tommy Hilfiger Corp., reportedly has retained Credit Suisse and Citigroup to study a European float of the business, possibly in London. A flotation of Hilfiger was likely from the moment...
- Sawiris hits acquisition trail. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/5/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 40, p40
This article reports that Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris has been negotiating with a number of private equity firms to finance a series of acquisitions in Europe and the Middle East. Sawiris has begun talks with two private equity firms, the U.S.' Blackstone Group and Great Britain's Apax...