- Product PREVIEW. // Circuits Assembly;Jul2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p76
The article evaluates several products for use in the electronics industry, including YTX X3 AXI 3-D automated X-ray system from YesTech Inc., Trident III automatic defluxing and cleanliness tester from Aqueous Technologies and 350E selective soldering system from Juki Corp.
- From water to fire. Miller, Gary W. // Connector Specifier;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on the use of microflame terminal soldering as an alternative to crimped connections. Background on dissociating water with hydrogen/oxygen gas to form microflame; Benefits from using microflame soldering; Several reasons manufacturers choose microflame soldering over other methods;...
- Lead-Free DC/DC Converters. Lüdeke, Hans-Peter // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the use of lead-free soldering methods to manufacture lead-free electrical and electronic products. Emergence of regulations banning the use of lead in electronic and electric products in the European Union; Soldering equipment; Tests conducted to measure quality.
- The Key to Success. Munson, Terry // Circuits Assembly;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p47
While investigating a medical product sensitive to stray voltage, a company discovered that the original bare hot-air solder level boards passed all process validation and accelerated environmental stress screening when built up. However, when the full production units were run, they showed...
- Solderability in a Lead-Free World. Hymes, Les // Circuits Assembly;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p71
This article explores the question as whether lead-free solder affect solderability and soldering inspection standards. The author says that solderability verification testing may be carried out at the component supplier's plant, upon receipt into the assembly shop inventory or prior to release...
- Electronic design 40 years ago. // Electronic Design;11/7/94, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p8
Presents designs of electronic equipment on reprinted articles from Electronic Design November 1954 issue. Includes transistorized testing oscillator; Fundamentals and usage of solder.
- Product SPOTLIGHT. // Circuits Assembly;Jan2009, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p46
The article features various products for the circuits assembly industry including CW-501 cored wire solder from Indium Corp., DispenseJet D J-100 piezoelectric jets from Asymtek, and polypropylene syringes from ConProTec.
- Thinking beyond the Ordinary. Cullison, Andrew // Welding Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p4
The author reflects on the importance of welding profession. As a publisher, he cites his experience of facing all kinds of information about welding and mentions a company which claims to have harnessed the brain's electrical impulses generated by thoughts through its software. Moreover, the...
- Hot PC products. van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;7/22/93, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p96
Presents Softronix Inc.'s artwork software packages for the electronics industry. Features; Applications; Compatibilities; Price and availability.