- Lean thinking isn't so simple. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;05/17/99, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p48H
Discusses the application of the concept `lean thinking' to the product-development processes of various organizations. Intellectual essence of the term `lean thinking'; Differences between repetitive manufacturing operations and the inherently nonrepetitive activities of development.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Quality;Oct2002, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p52
Features several new products used in the manufacturing process in the U.S. Gage Amplifier from Valenite Gaging Systems; Handiscope portable handheld video microscope from Q-Tronics Co.; U.S. Gage Bimetal Thermometer from Ametek U.S. Gauge.
- QUIZ. // Business Today;6/28/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p123
A quiz concerning product development is presented.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Quality;Nov2002, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p47
Presents new products to improve manufacturing processes. Profile scanner; Thermal sensing; Cylindrical grinder.
- America's edge in new product R&D. Souder, William E.; Song, X. Michael; Kawamura, Kazuhiko // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on the advantage held by corporations from the United States with their use of the controlled scrimping method in product research and development. Description of controlled scrimping; Percentage of products that succeeded when all three product development stages were thorough and when...
- PROCESS INNOVATION--CASE STUDIES OF CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS. Bender, Kevin W.; Cedeno, Jose E. // Engineering Management Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p17
Presents information on a study which determined the factors that are important to a service organization when innovating new processes. Methodology; Implications for process versus product innovations; Conclusions. INSET: Process readiness questionnaire..
- How do Ideal with conflict with my CEO? Chang, Milton // Laser Focus World;Mar2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p57
The article provides an answer to a question on how to deal conflicts with the chief executive officer and the company's founder due to product development.
- Literature review. Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;May98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p206
Presents new products in 1998 for manufacturing processes. Drill-Mill from Kyocera Industrial Ceramics company; Mitutoyo CP-200 Digital Contracer from Mitutoyo Measuring Instruments company; Rapid Response Manufacturing Client/Server from ProfitKey International company.
- Tipping the Scales in Your Favor. Skarra, Leslie; Porter, Bob // Prepared Foods;Aug2000, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p32
Discusses the process of moving from laboratory prototype to full-scale manufacturing in food industry. Information on scale-up; Assumptions being implemented by new product development team members; Identification of consumer critical range; Characteristics of a product design; Factors to...