- Developments in PCB X-RAY IMAGING. Raistrick, Jim H. // PC FAB;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the use of X-radiography as a means for spotting defects in printed circuit boards. Limitation of the technique; Components of a microfocal X-radiographic system; Conversion of the X-ray image to a visible-light image.
- 'ALL-PACKAGE' INSPECTION. // PC FAB;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p50
Introduces the RTX113HV X-ray inspection system for printed circuit boards manufactured by Glenbrook Technologies. Features of the inspection system.
- Mixed-Size Component Printing, Part 2. MAHONTY, RITA // Circuits Assembly;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p36
The article discusses research findings on printing with mixed-size component. Data of the study reveals that with the use of laser-cut stencil, the QFP160 and 0201 variability plots steady increase in volume with a larger opening size. Also noted are variable factors on the design of the study...
- Advances in Correlative Microscopy Integrating Optical, X-Ray/CT, and SEM Technologies. Bourque, Jeffrey A.; Edwards, David // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Mar2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p88
The investigation of high-density surface-mount devices has been made easier with new techniques and equipment that allow an individual to correlate findings from one instrument to another; from optical to X-ray and CT to SEM. Add to that improved ease of use and automation and the individual...
- 3-D Techniques in SMT Test. Rice, Malachy; Johnson, Stacy Kalisz; Leinbach, Glen E. // EE: Evaluation Engineering;Feb2004, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the three-dimensional (3-D) techniques in surface-mount technology tests. In-line automated optical inspection for testing components and joints; Solder-paste inspection for checking the screen print process; Benefits of using X-ray technology for inspecting printed circuit boards.
- Comparison of Different Sample Preparation Procedures for the Determination of RoHS/WEEE- Regulated Elements in Printed Circuit Boards and Electrical Components by EDXRF. Martin, John E.; Smith, Lea L. Anderson; Adjei-Bekoe, Gloria; Thomas, Robert // Spectroscopy;Sep2010 Applications Notebook, p25
The article discusses the different sampling techniques for the determination of a group of hazardous elements in printed circuit boards. It reveals that these hazardous elements are defined by the European Union Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic...
- Modern 2D X-ray Tackles BGA Defects. Feng, Jane; Basani, Jayapaul; Kurwa, Murad; Bernard, David; Krastev, Evstatin // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the role of 2D X-ray inspection which is an effective method in identifying ball grade array (BGA) defects in producing printed circuit boards (PCB). It first discusses the developments in 2D X-ray where in asserts an improvement during the past years, it then tackles...
- SMT step by step STEP 9: Test & Inspection. Bernard, David // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p52
Features the 2-D X-ray inspection systems used in surface mount technology. Concept; Distinct features; Capabilities.
- An A-to-Z Guide to X-Ray Inspection, Part II. Bernard, David // Circuits Assembly;Jan2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p34
The article suggests various procedures for x-ray inspection of specific component types on assembled printed circuit boards (PCB) in a production environment. It recommends that a sample of two PCBs be examined from each batch for normal in-process inspection. Voiding is a common fault detected...