Clinical: The basics - Hayfever
- RHINITIS, NOT JUST HAY FEVER. Andersson, Morgan; Greiff, Lennart // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p29
Provides information about allergic rhinitis. Characteristics and causes of the respiratory allergy; Differential diagnostic aspects of rhinitis; Present and future treatments of the allergy.
- Acupuncture May Help Relieve Seasonal Allergies. // Healthy Years;May2013, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses a study published in an issue of the "Annals of Internal Medicine" which found that acupuncture may help relieve seasonal allergies that cause runny noses and watery eyes. In the study, volunteers received 12 acupuncture treatments and took antihistamines as needed for...
- The Etiology of Community-Acquired Pneumonia at an Urban Public Hospital: Influence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and Initial Severity of Illness. Park, David R.; Rubenfeld, Gordon D.; Sherbin, Vandy L.; Goodman, Michelle S.; Root, Richard K.; Pacifico, Albert D.; Polissar, Nayak L. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;8/1/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 3, p268
Presents a study which investigated the etiology of community-acquired pneumonia among patients admitted to an urban public hospital in Seattle, Washington. Overview of community-acquired pneumonia; Characteristics of the patients; Materials and methods used; Results and discussion.
- Perceptions of disease, illness and healing among selected black communities in the Northern Province, South Africa. Mabunda, Michael M. // South African Journal of Ethnology;2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11
Studies perceptions of the causes and treatment of disease, illness and healing among selected black communities in the Northern province of South Africa. Extensive coexistence of traditional and modern perceptions; Dominance of the notion of supernatural causality associated with many diseases...
- Akne Vulgarisli Hastalarda Kozmetiklerle Olusan Allerjik Kontakt Dermatit Sikliginin Arastirilmasi. Ko�, Ipek G�rses; Basak, Pinar Y�ksel // Archives of the Turkish Dermatology & Venerology / T�rkderm;2010, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p143
Background and Design: Acne vulgaris is a chronic inflammatory disease of pilosebaceous unit. While some cosmetic products can trigger acne, topical and cosmetic agents used in the treatment of acne may cause allergic contact dermatitis. Therefore, the choice of cosmetic products is very...
- Combination a complication. Gomes, Paul J.; Ousler III, George W. // Ophthalmology Times;8/15/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p8
The article offers information on the combination of allergic conjunctivitis and dry eye as symptoms of ocular surface disease. It states that etiology of allergic conjunctivitis came from environmental allergens which consider the duration and quantity of allergens. It says that dry eye...
- Vasomotor rhinitis. Jones, A.S.; Lancer, J.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/13/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6586, p1505
Examines the diagnosis of vasomotor rhinitis. Description of non-allergic non-infective rhinitis; Symptoms of the allergy; Cause of vasomotor rhinitis.
- Hay fever and allergic rhinitis. Smith, Helen // InnovAiT;Apr2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p220
Rhinitis is an inflammatory condition of the nasal mucosa which causes nasal discharge, itching, sneezing, nasal stuffiness, congestion and blockage. Rhinitis can be due to a variety of causes and is classified as allergic, non- allergic and infective. This article focuses on the diagnosis and...
- Environmental allergen exposure and asthma: prospects for primary prevention. Custovicca, Adnan; Woodcock, Ashley // Mediators of Inflammation;Nov2001, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p295
The observed increase in asthma prevalence cannot be genetic in origin. Many aspects of modern life have changed and many theories advanced to explain this phenomenon. While there is no direct evidence for the increase in allergen exposure, the indirect evidence is overwhelming. The indoor...