Consumer Publishers' Profitability Fell In 2001
- Financial Briefs. // Educational Marketer;12/3/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the financial performance of some educational publishing companies in the United States as of December 3, 2001, which include School Specialty Incorporated.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;2/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p7
Presents news briefs on the profits of several publishing companies in the U.S. as of February 2002.
- Book publishers sagging under returned stock. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the decline in the sales of book publishers in the United States for the first quarter of the year 2001. Publishing firms that have gone bankrupt; Factors behind the decline in the sales of book publishers; Decline in the sales of publishing firms for the year 2000.
- Profit Margins Up For Leading Consumer Publishers In Fiscal 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p3
Reports the sales profit of publicly traded consumer book publishers in the United States for the 2000 fiscal year. Improvement of the profit margins of the publishers; Factors attributing to the increase in profit margins; Comparison between the gains in operating profits and revenues.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;10/23/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p6
Highlights the financial performance of book publishers in the United States as of October 23, 2000.
- FINANCIAL NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;7/23/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p6
Focuses on the financial standing of publishers in the United States as of July 23, 2001. Growth of the revenues of Scholastic; Increase of the losses of Golden Books; Decrease of the net sales of Advanced Marketing Services.
- Publishers' Profitability, Fiscal 2001 vs. Fiscal 2000 To Date. // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p2
Presents a chart showing financial results for United States-based publishers in fiscal 2001 versus fiscal 2000 to date.
- Publisher's Profitalibity For Fiscal 2001 vs. Fiscal 2000. // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p2
Presents a chart showing financial results for United States-based publishers in fiscal 2001 versus fiscal 2000.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
Reports developments related to books publishing in the U.S. and Europe. Impact of Christmas at Waterstone on bookselling; Decline of revenues at 100 publishers in Germany, Australia and Switzerland; Appointment of Katie Fulford as interim managing director by HarperCollins.