PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- short takes. // School Library Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p16
Presents news briefs relating to library science as of June 1, 2002. Author Richard Peck as the recipient of the 2001 National Humanities Medal; Kate Nunn named editor-in-chief of Scholastic's Grolier nonfiction imprints, Children's Press and Franklin Watts.
- Seven Days in Print: Allen named as new Paperlinx boss. // PrintWeek;1/11/2013, p06
The article focuses on the appointment of Dave Allen as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of paper merchant Paperlinx on December 18, 2012 following his interim appointment as CEO in August 2012 and mentions that he replaced former CEO Toby Marchant.
- Millbrook Names Allen President. // Publishers Weekly;4/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 16, p22
Announces the promotion of Dave Allen as president of Millbrook Press. Career background.
- Adat Shalom's incredible mission. Jacobs, Phil // Washington Jewish Week;3/22/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the mission of the Adat Shalom Reconstructionist Congregation in Haiti, led by founding rabbi Sid Schwarz. Several members of the congregation went to Haiti in December 2011 for volunteer work. They helped build a home and taught Haitian worshippers. The mission was...
- People in the News. // Medical Device Daily;12/17/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 244, p9
The article announces executive changes related to the medical technology industry in the U.S., including Prakash Patel as chief operating officer and chief clinical officer at Access MediQuip, Isabelle Buckle as chief executive officer (CEO) at InGen BioSciences Group and Dave Allen as managing...
- STREAM OF PASSION. LIBBY, BRIAN // Oregon Business Magazine;May2014, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on Dave Allen, a former rocker and director of artist and music industry advocacy for Beats Music, a subsidiary of headphone manufacturer Beats Electronics. It focuses on Allen's journey from a bass player for the seminal British band Gang of Four to an industry executive,...
- People. // Advertising Age;1/16/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on career developments involving advertising executives as of January 2006. Dave Allen was promoted to CEO at Team Vodafone. After being president of Initiative for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Sergio Lorca was promoted to the new post of Madrid, Spain-based CEO of Zenith...
- Career Moves. // Frozen Food Age;Feb2008, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p37
The article announces career developments within the frozen foods industry including the appointments of Michael Smith to senior marketing manager for Alexia Foods at ConAgra, Dave Allen to director for frozen food sales at Lakeside Foods, and Jo Gruber to director of strategic business and...
- Green shoot-ing from the hip. Lovett, Gina // Design Week;2/19/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p9
The article focuses on setting up companies in the midst of a recession. According to those starting up of breaking away a business, the recession is a platform for change, a time to root out inefficiency and align business activity with current market conditions. Dave Allen, former chief...