IN THE LOOP
- Evangelical Christian Publishers Getting Point-Of-Sale Data Service. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p3
Announces the point-of-sale data service offered by the United States-based Evangelical Christian Publisher's Association (ECPA). Joint effort of ECPA and Information Technology Resources; Updates by region; Benefits for participating retailers.
- BookScan, B&N launch POS service, but publishers say more information needed. // Book Publishing Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
Reports the launching of point-of-sale (POS) service for publishers by BookScan and Barnes & Noble. Details of services offered to subscribers; Reaction of publishers on lack of sales information provided by POS system; Plans of BookScan to include other retailers in POS service; Objections of...
- Chapters puts terms on the table. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;Sep98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p1
Reports the launch of another distribution center of Chapters Inc. in Canada. Impact of launch on the relationship between publishers and distributors; Concern over the emergence of tougher trade terms; Implementation of a point-of-sale inventory control system.
- 5 Ways to Get the Most Out of News-stand Promotions. RUTH, LINDA // Audience Development;Winter2011, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p11
The article offers tips for publishers to help them get the most out of their promotions spend. Publishers are advised to promote strong issues, strong channels, and point of sale. They are told to leverage promotion at every point in the distribution channel and to analyze promotion results....
- Dunnes Stores lays down the law to suppliers. // Checkout;Nov2009, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the stand-off between Dunnes Stores and news and magazine publishers about Dunnes' payment terms and record of its sales in Ireland. Dunnes wants to continue with its electronic point of sale (EPOS) system and use of cheque instead of direct debit. Magazine publishers and...
- VENDOR BRIEFS. // ISO & Agent Weekly;7/7/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p7
The article offers news briefs related to vendors and purchasers in the U.S. A wireless point-of-sale (POS) terminal for payment at restaurant tables has been launched by Attitude Positive of Los Angeles, California. The Society of Payment Security Professionals has been introduced by Aegenis...
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // ISO & Agent Weekly;11/11/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p5
The article offers news briefs related to point-of-sale systems in the U.S. The Small Business Credit Sales Report indicated the decrement of same-store sales at retail businesses in the third quarter of 2009. Citigroup Inc. has launched its Citi Flu Care card, a one-time-use Visa debit card, on...
- CityBusiness moves into new offices. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/3/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p1
Reports the relocation of the publication company CityBusiness in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- A TALE OF Two Cities. Caperton, Katie // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the relocation of magazine employees in New York City and San Francisco, California. Office where American Baby Group staffers would be located; Significance of low real estate prices in San Francisco.