Sci-Fi Genre Gave Agent Heifetz Her Start, And 20 Years Later Keeps Her On The Bestseller Charts
- Gift subs: Why defer payment? // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p9
Looks at whether publishers should defer payment on gift subscriptions without testing. Comments from June Steinfeld, circulation director for Brant Publications; Importance of the elimination of deferred payment on gift subscriptions; Advice from panelists who attended a Direct Marketing...
- Calculators and crystal balls: Predicting journal subscription prices. Akie, Ronald E. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
Examines the prediction of journal subscription prices. Importance of planning subscription prices for libraries; Information on the publishing environment.
- Tax on reading. // Editor & Publisher;3/11/95, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p6
Criticizes a legislation that imposes a 5% tax on subscription and sales of books in the United States. Discriminatory nature of the tax.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p8
Presents the chart ranking the top nonfiction agents and its book agency in New York as of November 2003.
- Learned life in the letterbox. Mccartney, Margaret // GP: General Practitioner;2/10/2003, p82
Focuses on the preference of the author to subscribe for every medical journal. Reason for her subscriptions; Her interest in the journals that she receives.
- Lit boutiques' new peak. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;9/11/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 71, p1
Reports the importance of Boutique book agents in the literary food chain in Los Angeles, California. Percentage rate of book deals; Development of a series based on an as-yet-undisclosed property; Expansion of the book market.
- Tight-knit lit agents prove it's a small world. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;4/9/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 3, p2
Explores the career trajectories of book agents in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. H.N. Swanson; Michael Siegel; Steve Fisher; Joel Gotler; Ron Bernstein.
- THE RIGHTS STUFF. Elash, Anita // Quill & Quire;Jul96, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p12
Presents a guide for writers in identifying a good book agent. Importance of a personal rapport in the writer-agent relationship; Services offered by an agent to a writer; Characteristics of a good agent.
- ANNOUNCEMENT. // Philosophical Quarterly;Oct76, Vol. 26 Issue 105, following p390
Presents announcement regarding the increase in subscription rates of "The Philosophical Quarterly" made by the Committee of Management.