Wan Says Chance To Get Back Into Educational Publishing Prompted Move To Harvard Business
- Wan new Penguin prez; Lynton ankles for AOL. Ault, Susanne // Daily Variety;01/06/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 23, p6
Announces the appointment of David Wan as president of publishing firm Penguin Group after Michael Lynton left the company to head up America Online's international division. Wan's responsibilities as president of the company; Wan's career background.
- Wan to Succeed Lynton at Penguin Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p9
Reports the appointment of David Wan as president of Penguin Group. Assignment of former Penguin chairman and chief executive officer, Michael Lynton; Other appointed chief executive officers of the operating companies under the Penguin Group.
- Wan Leaves Penguin for Harvard Biz School Pub. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 16, p17
Announces the plan of Penguin Group president David Wan to resign to become president and chief executive officer of Harvard Business School Publishing Corp. (HBSP). Reason for leaving Penguin; Career background; His objectives at HBSP; Background of HBSP.
- Makinson On Becoming Penguin Group CEO: 'We Have Been Planning This For Some Time' // Book Publishing Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the appointment of John Makinson as chief executive officer of Penguin Group in the U.S. Career background; Roles and responsibilities; Aim of increasing profitability.
- Pearson Financial Executive Tapped As Chairman Of Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;05/21/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on the selection of John Makinson as chairman of Penguin Group. Job responsibilities; Plan for the company; Career highlights.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the promotion of Julie Grau and Celina Spiegel as co-editorial directors with Penguin Group President Susan Petersen Kennedy.
- Makinson Named Penguin Chairman. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the appointment of John Makinson as chairman of the Penguin Group in 2001. Responsibilities of Makinson under his new role.
- Makinson New Penguin CEO. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p10
Announces the appointment of John Makinson as chief executive officer of Penguin Group effective June 1, 2002. Duties of Makinson; Speculation on his appointment.
- Penguin forms new consumer products post. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p19
Announces the appointment of Lisa Marks as executive vice president of consumer products for the Penguin Group.