GOP Win Could Spell Net Loss for Title II
- TEXAS CONGRESSMAN RECEIVES LEADERSHIP ROLE ON ENERGY & COMMERCE COMMITTEE. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;11/20/2014, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p5
The article offers information on Congressman Pete Olson of Texas who has been chosen by House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton to serve as the vice chairman of the Energy and Power Subcommittee in the U.S.
- Race is on for prized House chairmanship. McCabe, David; Wong, Scott // Hill;10/5/2016, Vol. 23 Issue 81, p14
The article reports on U.S. Republicans who are vying for the chairmanship of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee in 2016 including Representative Fred Upton and Representative Greg Walden.
- Clues Scarce on Porn Bill. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;9/22/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 183, p4
The article looks at how U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton said that financial institutions should take some responsibility for payments to child pornography Web sites. According to the article, the Texas Republican is widely believed to be considering introducing...
- Barton Fink. Crowley, Michael // New Republic;5/22/2006, Vol. 234 Issue 19, p8
The article describes the United States House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton and his dealings with Congress and various topics within the oil industry. Anyone familiar with Barton's background wouldn't be surprised by his aversion to beating up on Big Oil. Barton's defining...
- Rep. Upton names Energy panel staff director. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;12/15/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p11
The article reports on the announcement of incoming House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton that a former White House staff member under former U.S. President George W. Bush, Gary Andres will serve as a staff director for the committee in the next U.S. Congress.
- 'It's a King Kong vs. Godzilla kind of race'. Wong, Scott; McCabe, David // Hill;5/3/2016, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p4
The article reports on the race between Oregon Republican Greg Walden and the U.S. Representative John Shimkus for the chairmanship of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee.
- State Officials Push Back Hard on Pre-emption. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;2/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on federal pre emption laws by the U.S. government for building municipal broadband systems in states of the country. Topics discussed include state legislatures fear for limitation in city funded networks due to country's Federal Communication Commissions' pre-emption of...
- Turning Up the Heat on Climate Change. Skiba, Katherine; Ruggeri, Amanda // U.S. News & World Report;Apr2009, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p36
The article focuses on U.S. Senator Henry Waxman of California who chairs the House Energy and Commerce Committee and his aggressive stance on implementing energy legislation with controls on greenhouse gas emissions. He wants his committee to be in a position to approve a bill before Memorial...
- House Energy and Commerce Committee. // National Journal;6/21/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p1951
Profiles several staff members in the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee. Dan Brouillette; Patrick Morrisey; James D. Barnette; Mark Paoletta.