Dealing with death: a survivor's quest
- Expanding Access To Capital Networks. Pomerantz, Mark // In Business;Mar/Apr 2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the Second Seattle Social Investor's Forum and the social enterprise movement in Seattle. Problems faced by nonprofit organizations in Seattle; Importance of social service organizations as receptacles for the impulse to volunteerism; Impact of Social Investor Forum.
- Building a solid foundation. FITZGERALD, BETH // njbiz;3/1/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that the Rutgers Business School has a non-profit consulting group which is engaged in several community aid projects, including an affordable housing project and statewide 211 helpline for the United Way of Bergen County in New Jersey.
- NY's new Tammany Hall. Kamen, Robin; Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;10/31/94, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p1
Part I. Reports on the growth of nonprofit organizations in New York City. Growth of Volunteers of America; Expansion of social service employment; Community Access. INSET: Non-profit veteran turns into toughest foe..
- (FOR READERS) Benefits of CYF: Decoding the Federal/Private Funding Stream. // Children & Youth Funding Report;8/28/2009, p27
The article provides an answer to a question on funding by a small nonprofit.
- Largest Social-Service Nonprofits. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, pA21
Lists the largest Spokane, Washington-based social-service nonprofits according to their 2002 budget. Second Harvest Food Bank of the Inland Northwest; Spokane Neighborhood Action Programs; Spokane Mental Health.
- 5.1 Organizational Missions. Krug, Kersti; Weinberg, Charles B. // Foundations & Trends in Marketing;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3/4, p212
The article focuses on the concept of organization's mission which includes gaining profits and improving the society in the U.S.
- Largest Spokane-Area Social-Service Nonprofits. Hosking, Sandra // Journal of Business (10756124);01/04/2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p22
Lists the largest social-service nonprofit organizations in Spokane, Washington, as ranked by 1999 budget. Number of board members, employees, and volunteers; Top local executive; Highest percentage of funding sources; Description of services.
- Aboriginal Justice Centre. Church, Brendan // ACTCOSS Update;2010, Issue 52, p7
The article provides information on the objectives and social programs of the Aboriginal Justice Centre (AJC), a social services and nonprofit organization based in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory.
- Easter Seals Crossroads. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/20/2014 Giving Guide, p34
The article offers information on Easter Seals Crossroads, nonprofit organization in Indianapolis, Indiana, dedicated towards improving the lives of children and adults with special needs, disabilities.