Sony Movie Net Inks First Carriage Pacts
- AT&T Lays Bad News on Dish. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/6/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p10
The article reports on the move of AT&T to switch to DirecTV Inc. as its sole reselling partner after its deal with Dish Network Corp., which has negatively impacted the latter company in the U.S. According to the article, the firm has lost around 25,000 subscribers in the second quarter of...
- AT&T Says Mobile Video Focus Sparked DirecTV Deal. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;5/20/2014, pA04
The article reports on the deal of telecommunications company AT&T which aims to acquire DirecTV Group, the satellite television (TV) broadcaster, for $48.5 billion. Topics discussed include AT&T chief executive officer (CEO) Randall Stephenson, the decline of DirecTV's stock, and mobile video...
- Next Dish Move Awaits Auction Results. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;8/18/2014, pA05
Dish Networks' options and the value of its radio spectrum still draw the rapt attention of investors, with Wall Street divided over the merits of one of company Chairman Charlie Ergen's possible moves â€” leasing the airwaves to one or more of the nation's wireless companies.
- Dish Can Keep Tweaking DirecTV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p28
The article reports an update on the lawsuit filed by DirectTV Inc. against Dish Network Corp., in which the former alleges that the latter is making false comparison between their programming packages and pricing.
- High-Cost Gains for Dish. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. has increased the number of subscribers and also offers information on its rivalry with DirecTV.
- ANALYST: AT&T SHOULD ACQUIRE DISH NETWORK. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/21/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the suggestion by Tim Farrar, analyst with TMF Associates, that AT&T acquire Dish Network and its spectrum licenses.
- Cablevision's Bickham: Cable Can Recapture Share From Satellite TV. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p7
The article reports that president of cable and communications John Bickham of Cablevision Systems Corp. stated that there is no reason for cable industry to not reclaim the 30% share of the pay television (TV) business that was lost to DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp.
- DirecTV, Dish Post Sub Gains, Higher Profits. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/27/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p37
The article reports that U.S.-based direct broadcast satellite service providers DirectTV and Dish Network have both posted an increase in subscribers and net profits.
- SUBS STICK AROUND. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;11/7/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on the performance of television channels DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. during the third quarter of 2012 in the U.S., with DirecTV Inc. reporting a profit of 565 million dollars, and Dish reporting a loss of 158 million dollars from the year-ago quarter.