Comcast First to Launch 'Showtime Anytime'
- Comcast's Interconnect Crescendo. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p6D
Describes the advertising efforts of Comcast Corp. following its AT&T Broadband integration in 2003. Market share of Comcast; Benefits of its integration service to cable operators; Recruitment of advertising agencies Adtag and Adcopy.
- A Sleepy City Where Hopes Run High. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);8/11/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p28
Focuses on the cable television operation of Comcast in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania as of August 11, 2003. Status of the cable market in the area; Advantage of Comcast in terms of broadband penetration in the state; Increase in the basic service rate of Comcast on March 1. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- With Comcast, look beyond the static. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/14/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 20, p8
The article discusses the financial performance of Comcast Corp., a provider of cable TV in the U.S. It states that the cable-TV service of the company generated 35 percent of company sales and its video revenue increase to 1 percent. The company's revenue from broad-band internet has increase...
- Utilities Ready to Zap Broadband Ops. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p14
Forecasts the growth of the broadband-over-power line (BPL) technology in 2005 based on a report from the New Millenium Research Council. Effect of the technology on electric industries; Franchise received by Communications Technology Inc. to deliver broadband services in Manassas, Virginia;...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.