- EchoStar mulling data delivery. R.T. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p86
Reports on EchoStar Communications Corp.'s plan to incorporate data delivery into its consumer DBS service by early 1997. Holding of a public test of the technology; Possible transmission rates; Methods in accessing the data.
- Satellite TV hits stores. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p8
Reports the plan of EchoStar Communications in creating a national in-store satellite television based delivery system. Status of advertising delivery system; Advantage of satellite system; Relevance of satellite television in retail chains.
- Local channels. F.V. // Popular Science;Jun98, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the launch of a satellite by EchoStar for its Dish Network in October, 1997. Provisions made by the satellites; How persons can acquire local channels with Echostar.
- EchoStar shines brightly as carrier partner. // Telephony;7/29/96, Vol. 231 Issue 5, p20
Reports that EchoStar Communications reached its 100,000 subscriber mark for parabolic network in seven months. Possible merger or joint venture with a carrier.
- EchoStar dishes it out. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;11/25/96, Vol. 231 Issue 22, p43
Describes EchoStar Communication's offer to residents of Boulder, Colorado for a free DISH network satellite television system. Requirements from subscriber in order to avail of EchoStar's promotion package; Tele-Communications Inc's plan to re-enter the Colorado market.
- Echoes of slowdown at EchoStar. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;02/10/97, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p48
Reports on indications of a slowdown in EchoStar Communications Corp.'s expansion plans. Offer of crystal-clear digital video by EchoStar's DISH Network; Growth in EchoStar's subscribers: Speculations over EchoStar's strategic partnership deals with Sprint.
- Echostar continues steady rise. // High Yield Report;09/29/97, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p3
Reports that a consecutive growth for two months, helped to increase the rise of Echostar Incorporated bonds. Reference to the company's $125 million PIK preferred stock offering; Expected launching date of Echostar's third satellite, Echostar III; Comments from Richard Rolnick, an analyst from...
- DBS gear down to $199. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/05/96, Vol. 126 Issue 33, p66
Reports on EchoStar Communications Corp.'s reduction of the price of DBS hardware to $199 to expand its customer base. Markets taking advantage of the offer; Comment from president Carl Vogel.
- The cost of local-into-local. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;02/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p60
Presents information on the satellite broadcaster EchoStar, focusing on the local-into-local legislation which the company will receive. Why EchoStar want to delay the must-carry rules; Comments from Mark Buse, policy director at the company; Information on EchoStar's corporate plans; Detailed...